Author Topic: Donít FRIDAY around here no more  (Read 672 times)

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
Re: Donít FRIDAY around here no more
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 12:19:19 PM »
I'll be playing a lot of Hell Let Loose.  Great multiplayer shooter that emphasizes communication and teamwork.  Community seems to be filled with a lot of either ex military or current military folk.  Either that or people there really know how to talk the talk.  In any case Hell Let Loose is a thinking mans shooter with a mature player base.  I'm absolutely in love!

I've also got a Dominions 5 multiplayer game going with a guy from Civfanatics which should be good. 
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.

Offline al_infierno

• Equites
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 12:46:54 PM »
Most likely Combat Mission: Berlin to Barbarossa.  <3 GOG
"Don't quote me boy, 'cause I ain't said shit."  -- Eazy-E

Offline solops

• Viking
  • Woof!
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 04:49:59 PM »
Deity Empires
Deity Empires
Deity Empires

I cannot get away from it.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 06:41:39 PM »
I'll be playing a lot of Hell Let Loose.  Great multiplayer shooter that emphasizes communication and teamwork.  Community seems to be filled with a lot of either ex military or current military folk.  Either that or people there really know how to talk the talk.  In any case Hell Let Loose is a thinking mans shooter with a mature player base.  I'm absolutely in love!

I've also got a Dominions 5 multiplayer game going with a guy from Civfanatics which should be good.

Sounds much like Post Scriptum's community. I must admit, when I played Hell Let Loose BETA I did not get the impression the community was as military minded as Post Scriptums. I did not find my experience was as team or leadership based. Nobody on the servers I played on was talking much. May be the region I am in. I am happy I got to try both games PS and HLL. But I like PS better. HLL felt too battlefield and generic to me.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 06:47:25 PM »
So...what is solops playing this weekend?
"Grogheads should be the only tribe on this site.Ē

- Besilarius, Community Sage

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2019, 12:39:38 PM »

Sounds much like Post Scriptum's community. I must admit, when I played Hell Let Loose BETA I did not get the impression the community was as military minded as Post Scriptums. I did not find my experience was as team or leadership based. Nobody on the servers I played on was talking much. May be the region I am in. I am happy I got to try both games PS and HLL. But I like PS better. HLL felt too battlefield and generic to me.

It could be due to the early access launch that there are a lot more players now than back in the BETA.  Time will tell if this game is successful or not.  I heard PS is free this weekend.  I might have to give it a try and compare the two games.
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.