Author Topic: Freeman: Guerilla Warfare  (Read 4551 times)

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
Re: Freeman: Guerilla Warfare
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2019, 11:21:43 AM »
Sounds like you're doing pretty good.   :)

Three teams of 7 soldiers each should be enough to take a city defended by at most around 60 - 70 men.  You'll need to play it smart and take your time.  Casualties will probably be higher than fighting bandits in the country side.  You'll need to replace those casualties immediately though because the ai will try to take back it's city.

Ideally though you want at least a total of at least 40 men to take a city defended by 60 - 70 men. 
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.

Offline DennisS

• Viking
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2019, 09:02:54 PM »
Sounds like you're doing pretty good.   :)

Three teams of 7 soldiers each should be enough to take a city defended by at most around 60 - 70 men.  You'll need to play it smart and take your time.  Casualties will probably be higher than fighting bandits in the country side.  You'll need to replace those casualties immediately though because the ai will try to take back it's city.

Ideally though you want at least a total of at least 40 men to take a city defended by 60 - 70 men.

I haven't tried a city attack yet. Do I need to stick around, to prepare for a counter attack? I am getting pretty good with my 6x night vision scope, and with EVERYONE above 95 in armor.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2019, 07:07:06 AM »
Yes you definitely need to stick around because the counterattack will come. 

If you have an extra companion (or two) this would be the time to split them off from your group and have them form their own warband.  Put him in charge of the city and he should pretty much handle the defenses.  But you still need to stick around a bit to make sure he gets ready fast enough to defend. 

Offline DennisS

• Viking
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2019, 07:32:40 PM »

If you have an extra companion (or two) this would be the time to split them off from your group and have them form their own warband.  Put him in charge of the city and he should pretty much handle the defenses.  But you still need to stick around a bit to make sure he gets ready fast enough to defend.

I've never gotten a companion..not sure how that's done.

Offline FarAway Sooner

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2019, 07:04:33 AM »
Try www.companions.com? 

On second thought, who knows what malware that might get installed on your system.  Where's Starfury when you need an expert on opinion on such things?   ;D

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2019, 07:14:43 AM »

I've never gotten a companion..not sure how that's done.

To get a companion you must win them over through gift giving.  Visit the Bar at the major cities to see if potential companions are there.

Offline MC

• Equites
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2019, 12:49:33 PM »
Leaving Early Access on October 4th along with a price increase so you might want to pick it up now. I'm still debating on getting it now or waiting. I'm definitely interested but my backlog is getting crazy.

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2019, 09:12:51 PM »
Just saw the devs web site. Looks like the next title will take the Freeman concept to space. Sound interesting.
"Baseball's Sad Lexicon" - 1910

These are the saddest of possible words:
      “Tinker to Evers to Chance.”
Trio of bear cubs, and fleeter than birds,
      Tinker and Evers and Chance.
Ruthlessly pricking our gonfalon bubble,
      Making a Giant hit into a double—
Words that are heavy with nothing but trouble:
      “Tinker to Evers to Chance.”

"Tinker to Evers to Chance"
"where doubles go to die"

These three players helped the Cubs win four National League championships and two World Series from 1906 to 1910.