Author Topic: Neverdark - announced on Matrixgames  (Read 559 times)

Offline CJReich46

• Viking
  • His Mind Is NOT for Rent
Neverdark - announced on Matrixgames
« on: March 04, 2019, 01:33:11 PM »
Looks like we got another Post-Apoc - but it has diplomacy, politics, and tactical combat.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2797/Neverdark.has.been.announced!
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all.  - James Graham 1st Marquess of Montrose

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: Neverdark - announced on Matrixgames
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 02:07:04 PM »
Watching this one!
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Millipede

• Equites
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 02:44:10 PM »
Wow! In my mental image it looks fantastic. Fingers crossed.

Offline IronX

• Viking
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 04:53:47 PM »
"Where the fate of humanity is in the hands of good-looking young adults with backpacks..."

Offline -budd-

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 05:04:59 PM »
"Where the fate of humanity is in the hands of good-looking young adults with backpacks..."

I had to go look if that line was in the Advertisement, but after looking at the trailer i can see you came up with that on your own ;D. Not a big fan of trailers without any game play shown.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Offline Boggit

• Landsknecht
  • Review Scribe
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 07:49:10 PM »
I've seen some
interesting screenshots, one of which really got me intrigued being based on real world maps... Sorry it's an attachment, but I haven't figured out how to insert images... any advice gratefully received! O0

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 06:47:10 AM »
It certainly looks interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

Offline Pete Dero

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 07:20:32 AM »

The Neverdark presentation starts around minute 24 in the video.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »
I've seen some
interesting screenshots, one of which really got me intrigued being based on real world maps... Sorry it's an attachment, but I haven't figured out how to insert images... any advice gratefully received! O0

Left-click the button that looks like a little mona lisa under the B(OLD) button. It spawns a {img}{/img} code in your text (except square instead of fancy brackets of course). Your .jpg link goes into in between the codes {img}like this{/img}.

That only works for a link, though, like to Photobucket or Imageshack, where the image is stored. If the image is stored on your computer, you're doing the right thing already: uploading it to your post as an attachment.  O:-)
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline joram

• Viking
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 03:59:57 PM »
Watched about 10 mins of presentation.  They are not really seeing it if you ask me.  Sounds like the have a trick they are trying to build a game around vs having a game idea to begin with.  Happy to be wrong

Offline Boggit

• Landsknecht
  • Review Scribe
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 07:24:03 PM »
I've seen some

Left-click the button that looks like a little mona lisa under the B(OLD) button. It spawns a {img}{/img} code in your text (except square instead of fancy brackets of course). Your .jpg link goes into in between the codes {img}like this{/img}.

That only works for a link, though, like to Photobucket or Imageshack, where the image is stored. If the image is stored on your computer, you're doing the right thing already: uploading it to your post as an attachment.  O:-)
Ahh. That makes sense. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 03:15:01 AM »
Watched about 10 mins of presentation.  They are not really seeing it if you ask me.  Sounds like the have a trick they are trying to build a game around vs having a game idea to begin with.  Happy to be wrong

Good point. Yeah that was what I felt as well.
I also hope that turns out to be a wrong assessment.
Goodwill's Grogheads Battletech Campaign GM
"I'd prefer to make my own rolls whenever possible, but running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth