Author Topic: How to find cheap used books  (Read 248 times)

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
How to find cheap used books
« on: February 06, 2019, 06:53:04 PM »
I know, this seems like it should be obvious and intuitive but I having trouble figuring out just how to search for them.

Specifically at this moment, I'm looking for vintage, older marine biology and marine science books, like old stuff from Jacques Cousteau or old early edition text books.  But I can't seem to put the right things in search engines.  I'm looking for those books that are a dollar or two...

Any ideas?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
Re: How to find cheap used books
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 07:05:51 PM »
If Amazon fails me I use Google Shopping. You can also search for book dealers in your area and maybe libraries that are having fund raisers. Because I live so close to USMA, my local library has some real treasures that I have picked up for pennies and almost felt guilty about it.
"Grogheads should be the only tribe on this site.

- Besilarius, Community Sage

Offline DoctorQuest

• Man-at-Arms
  • I'm not a real doctor.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 07:12:43 PM »
^I used to use that...wow forgot all about it!

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 07:32:20 PM »
You never heard of Alibris?? Lordy Lord.

Offline DoctorQuest

• Man-at-Arms
  • I'm not a real doctor.
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 08:06:24 PM »
Alibris was the source of most of my aviation history collection.

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Offline bobarossa

• Viking
  • Master of Oreos
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 07:17:05 AM »