Author Topic: Holiday Game Swag -What Did You Get?  (Read 5376 times)

Offline Destraex

• Man-at-Arms
Re: Holiday Game Swag -What Did You Get?
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2018, 02:13:17 AM »
Nothing yet.

Nothing really grabs me that I have not already got or the price is too steep for my wishlisted games that I know I will get and play once because they are single player.
I did consider getting the Desert map for DCS and did consider Thrones of Britiannia. But no.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Offline smittyohio

• Viking
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2018, 07:10:05 AM »
I'm only grabbed OOTP19 ($5) so far... Still in my boardgaming phase, and adding anything to my (way too big) unplayed video games list just seems like overkill.

Offline Ian C

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2018, 08:20:29 AM »
Jurassic World Evolution & DLC.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 08:22:39 AM by Ian C »

Offline Labbug

• Viking
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2018, 10:05:22 AM »
Total War: Warhammer II and many of the DLC's.

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2018, 10:06:51 AM »
Nothing yet here, but reading this thread reminds me that there are some games out there I sort of want, specifically Thrones of Britannia and Warhammer I/II.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2018, 11:55:19 AM »
Looking at Wreckfest right now.
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer

Offline Anguille

• Man-at-Arms
  • Actarus - prince of Euphor
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2018, 11:58:16 AM »
Mostly completed my GOG Library with games i already own:

- Distant Worlds Universe
- Stars in Shadow (with DLC)
- Polaris Sector Gold
- Stronghold Crusader 2

Only one new game: Everspace

Offline rocketman

• Equites
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2018, 12:45:33 PM »
Commander: The Great War on Steam.  Nice game.  At only $10, I don't regret the purchase in the slightest.  With the PotzBlitz Mod as an essential add-on, I can foresee myself continuing to, you know, actually play CTGW.
I have had my eyes on that game for quite some time as I have no good WWI game. Do I need to know much about WWI to enjoy it? How complex is it? How about the AI? Will look for that mod you mentioned if I get the game. Thanks for the heads up.

So far: Ogre and Wars Across the World

Offline bobarossa

• Viking
  • Master of Oreos
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2018, 01:08:20 PM »
Got my 10 yr Matrix anniversary coupon today.  Used it to snag Aggressors: Ancient Rome, Panzer Doctrine, and Land Doctrine for 41% off their $39 sale price.  Of course the $16 in savings was then thrown away on WitE and the Don to Danube expansion which I have as much chance of playing as the WitPacific and WitWest games I bought the previous two years!  Gary had better come out with something new for me to throw away my savings on next year.

Offline acctingman

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2018, 01:16:23 PM »
Panzer Doctrine looks interesting :dreamer:

Offline berto

• Velites
  • have war gamed for 55+ years
    • PIKT
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2018, 01:22:35 PM »
Commander: The Great War on Steam.  Nice game.  At only $10, I don't regret the purchase in the slightest.  With the PotzBlitz Mod as an essential add-on, I can foresee myself continuing to, you know, actually play CTGW.

I have had my eyes on that game for quite some time as I have no good WWI game. Do I need to know much about WWI to enjoy it? How complex is it? How about the AI? Will look for that mod you mentioned if I get the game. Thanks for the heads up.

No prior knowledge needed.  Tactically simple, strategically complex, but not overly so.  The AI is decent enough to challenge me.  With the PotzBlitz mod especially -- an essential add-on, IMO; don't play the game without it -- there is much variation and replayability.  The game can go down a different narrative path each time.  Recommended.
Campaign Series Legion, http://cslegion.com
Campaign Series: Middle East Lead Coder, http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Battles Lead Coder, http://johntillersoftware.com/PanzerBattles.html
Civil War Battles Lead Coder, http://johntillersoftware.com/CivilWarBattles.html

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2018, 01:23:27 PM »
Panzer Doctrine looks interesting :dreamer:

I kind of liked the demo; and I'm glad the developer was able to be picked up by Matrix! I didn't check up on it again this year, but probably will next year.
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Strategic Werewolf Axe-chopping Simulator video AAR!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2018, 01:25:49 PM »
After messing around with Deity Empires a little, I've refunded: it has promise but as one of the reviewers said, it's a rough diamond in the rough! Basically a functional alpha being marketed and sold as a finished product. Clunky UI with a severe lack of explaining setup options doesn't help. Too many other games do it better right now, but it does have good potential.
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Strategic Werewolf Axe-chopping Simulator video AAR!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2018, 01:29:33 PM »
it's a rough diamond in the rough!

Isn't the second rough redundant?  >:D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2018, 01:44:34 PM »
I really wish there was DLC for Commander: The Great War :/
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer