Author Topic: The Wargaming Club (TWC)  (Read 434 times)

Offline Lancier

• Hoplite
  • Battle on!..
    • (TWC) The Wargaming Club
The Wargaming Club (TWC)
« on: November 28, 2018, 12:37:16 PM »
Greetings gentlemen.
Just wanted to let you know about TWC - Play by Email (PBeM) Strategy Wargaming Club...
https://thewargamingclub.com/

We mostly play Ageod, JTS/HPS, Matrix, Slitherine, Histwar games. (Also waiting for General-Staff which we believe will be released soon!)

Would be great to see like minded wargamers with us.

best,
Lancier

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:15:56 AM by Lancier »

Offline Lancier

• Hoplite
  • Battle on!..
Re: The Wargaming Club (TWC)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 12:54:53 AM »
Welcome aboard Lancier. 

I would be interested in playing a PBEM game with you.  Although I'm more of a WW2 fan I do have and enjoy the following AGEOD games:

Wars of Napoleon
Civil War II
Rise of Prussia
Alea Jacta Est

Nice club by the way.  Haven't heard of it before but I will be checking it out more closely.  I think I have an account over at the Matrix forums.

Thanks @W8taminute, whenever you like, visit TWC, we will be glad to see you there.

Generally crowded PBeM games (PoN, WoN, RoP, RUS, AJE, TEAW...) are played on 'Club Dropbox' other small games (1vs1s) are played on email or again on DB, up to players. We also use #slack pretty much in TWC, opening separate rooms for battles.

My Ageod plate is quite full right now ( 5 WoN + 1 RoP) lol but i just grabed JTS Seven Years War (a nice new year present ^^) also i have JTS Leipzig, Marengo, BPW, Austerlitz, Petersburg... i may like to have a pbem with one of these, we can talk when you arrive at TWC anyway.

Also from time to time ongoing (crowded) pbems may require replacement players (if you are interested) as games are too long (may last months even years lol) and people may get exhausted and drop ^^ So stay in touch pls...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 12:58:29 AM by Lancier »

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 06:38:40 AM »
Glad you started this thread.  I'll be sure to stop by.  Maybe I could be the full time replacement player since the queue is so long for newer PBEMs.   8)

Offline Lancier

• Hoplite
  • Battle on!..
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 01:53:59 AM »
Glad you started this thread.  I'll be sure to stop by.  Maybe I could be the full time replacement player since the queue is so long for newer PBEMs.   8)
Sure W8taminute, will let you know when a replacement player is needed.
Btw Ageod's WWI game To End All Wars (EAW) is very popular nowadays, you may want to check TWC forum sometime if you are interested in that conflict ^^

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 06:21:00 AM »
I noticed that in order to register on your forum you need to have Tapatalk on your mobile phone? 

Offline Lancier

• Hoplite
  • Battle on!..
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 09:52:22 AM »
I noticed that in order to register on your forum you need to have Tapatalk on your mobile phone?

Not at all W8taminute, you just register with your email, thats all.

Registration steps below:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:57:04 AM by Lancier »

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 11:49:28 AM »
^Nice!

Thank you for taking the time to show me the step by step after clicking past the Tapatalk popup.  Now I understand how this works.  I'll be the first to admit though that I'm kind of afraid of these modern day apps and get easily intimidated.  I'm old what can I say.   8)

I'll register on my home computer later on tonight when I get home.  Would love to participate in TEAW.