Author Topic: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint  (Read 184 times)

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
« on: September 08, 2019, 05:20:38 AM »
The game is only a month from release and some of us have been participating in the beta this weekend, so I guess it's time for its own thread (previous brief discussion was in the Wildlands thread).

I've played the beta, but not much because I'm definitely going to buy the game.  My initial impressions - as someone who loves and still plays Wildlands - are extremely positive.  The world looks like it's going to be just as huge as that of Wildlands.  When Breakpoint was first announced I was afraid they were going to emphasise the survival element too strongly, but I now know that they aren't.  This is basically a (minor) evolution of Wildlands in a different setting, with some elements of The Division thrown in.  For example, you now get hubs where you see other players, just like in The Division, and at these hubs you can shop, craft, and do other things like prepare for your next mission (basically choose a boost - extra XP, extra stamina and so on).

As we should all expect from Ubisoft, the world is absolutely beautiful and totally believable.  The small corner I've seen so far contains grasslands, mountains, swamps, waterfalls etc.  It's also littered with vehicles, much to my joy!  The first hub always has a helo, jeep, and several bikes outside whenever you spawn.

Apart from the new additions I mentioned above, the gameplay is very much Wildlands, albeit without a squad (which I know has put some people off but honestly I haven't had need of a squad so far).  Ubisoft are masters of the open world, and as usual you have multiple options to approach each mission.  For fans of Wildlands it's a no-brainer and frankly I can't wait to get my hands on the game.

As a side note, to my surprise I find myself slowly investing more and more in UPlay.  Ubisoft are slowly and quietly improving the platform all the time, and I'm coming to like some of the social features.  I never thought I'd hear myself say this to be honest.

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
Re: Ghost Recon: Breakpoint
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 10:15:59 AM »
For those who care, I've been reading that AI squad mates will be added at or post launch.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 10:35:11 AM »
For those who care, I've been reading that AI squad mates will be added at or post launch.

I care. I really REALLY care!

Seriously, this is fantastic news.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Dammit Carl!

• Viking
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 10:47:37 AM »
Very nice.  Once I get my World of .... fix over and done with (for the time being), I need to jump back into Ubi's Division/Wildlands stuff, and I like how Breakpoint sounds now.