Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance  (Read 39299 times)

Offline Moreb

• Viking
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance
« Reply #495 on: October 23, 2018, 12:35:25 PM »
Alright. Thread derailed thanks to me. Let me steer it back on track with a legitimate question.

Does the game become boring considering the combat to be reality based where magic and magical items are missing? Its the quest for ever powerful artifacts that appeal to me in rpg's. Where is the draw here?

Jason, you know it. Some denominations have this. Some have that. But the Southern Baptist will always win out on fellowship dinners. I dare anyone to find better and more plentiful meals.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 12:42:57 PM by Moreb »
When dongles fly? - mirth

Offline SirAndrewD

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #496 on: October 23, 2018, 01:00:44 PM »

Does the game become boring considering the combat to be reality based where magic and magical items are missing? Its the quest for ever powerful artifacts that appeal to me in rpg's. Where is the draw here?

I don't feel like it becomes boring.  There's still an ability curve with gear, it's just not magic based.   You get bonuses to defense, stealth charisma ect based on what you're wearing. 

For example, a battered set of full plate won't protect you as well as brand new ornate Nuremberg plate.  You also won't get as far in conversation if you're wearing dirty, cheap armor as you will if you're wearing expensive gear that is commonly worn by noblemen.

Same goes for weapons.   Cheap, quickly produced swords/maces/axes meant for the rank and file aren't as good as the much more expensive and hard to get named weapons you get in the mid to late game.

Not all horses are created equal either, and you'll invest a lot in upgrading to better mounts and better gear for your mounts.

So, yes, you'll be regularly improving your arms and equipment. 

Offline jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #497 on: October 23, 2018, 01:11:54 PM »

Jason, you know it. Some denominations have this. Some have that. But the Southern Baptist will always win out on fellowship dinners. I dare anyone to find better and more plentiful meals.

I donít know, i hear those nihilists have nothing to give  :uglystupid2:
Insert witty comment here.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #498 on: October 23, 2018, 01:15:36 PM »
I burned out on this after about 10 hours. I'm sure I will go back to it eventually.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Moreb

• Viking
« Reply #499 on: October 23, 2018, 01:42:58 PM »

I don't feel like it becomes boring.  There's still an ability curve with gear, it's just not magic based.   You get bonuses to defense, stealth charisma ect based on what you're wearing. 

For example, a battered set of full plate won't protect you as well as brand new ornate Nuremberg plate.  You also won't get as far in conversation if you're wearing dirty, cheap armor as you will if you're wearing expensive gear that is commonly worn by noblemen.

Same goes for weapons.   Cheap, quickly produced swords/maces/axes meant for the rank and file aren't as good as the much more expensive and hard to get named weapons you get in the mid to late game.

Not all horses are created equal either, and you'll invest a lot in upgrading to better mounts and better gear for your mounts.

So, yes, you'll be regularly improving your arms and equipment.

That's encouraging. I may have to grab this when it's on sale. Not that I have the time to play of course.

I burned out on this after about 10 hours. I'm sure I will go back to it eventually.

For a premium game that isn't long enough to justify the price IMO. Then again, I really have to like a game to invest a bunch of time into it.

I donít know, i hear those nihilists have nothing to give  :uglystupid2:

Hehe. But they make the best paella around.

When dongles fly? - mirth

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #500 on: November 02, 2018, 05:18:36 PM »
I keep forgetting this game is even out there.  Next sale, I'm on this.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #501 on: November 02, 2018, 07:55:37 PM »
Heh I bought it on sale and keep forgetting itís out there.
"Grogheads should be the only tribe on this site.Ē

- Besilarius, Community Sage