Author Topic: [PBEM]Solium Infernum - Come claim Hell's Throne! (max 6 players)  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
Re: [PBEM]Solium Infernum - Come claim Hell's Throne! (max 6 players)
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2018, 03:03:34 AM »
Seems to run just fine for me, Ysk.  I just played a few turns with a couple of AI opponents to jog my memory and I didn't know what the hell I was doing (lol geddit).  I think I'm going to have to read the manual for this one!  I remember printing the manual out a long time ago.

I seem to be on version 1.06b, whereas the latest version is 1.08c which also incorporates a free expansion Rectification.  I guess we should upgrade to that?

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2018, 03:27:25 AM »
Definately update!

My installer includes the latest.

Good to hear! Ill be diving into the manual as well!
"(...) running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 03:48:24 AM »
OK all done (first time I've manually patched a game in years).  I will try and at least have a pretender created by the end of the weekend.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2018, 08:44:52 AM »
Hm. Well, I thought I had it installed somewhere, but apparently I don't. I still have some save files and other auxiliaries including a set of avatars I created for a single-player game (all based on Rogue Agents from my fantasy novels ;) ), but not the actual software.

So I get to go hunting through my bags and stacks and drawers!  :bd: <:-)

(But probably not today. Probably tomorrow.)
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Strategic Werewolf Axe-chopping Simulator video AAR!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 09:30:26 AM »
Or, just email Vic with your order number and get a new download link saving you potentially a lot of hassle. :)
"(...) running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 08:02:42 PM »
Or, just email Vic with your order number and get a new download link saving you potentially a lot of hassle. :)

You mean, the order number on my disc?

yes, as soon as I find it...  :buck2:

(I feel pretty confident about finding it tho -- I've just been away from the house all day, and won't be able to look around until tomorrow afternoon sometime.)
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2018, 07:16:11 PM »
Work (and weather/allergies) has been rather draining recently, and I absolutely crashed when I got home. But I have made some progress at least on the Age of Wonders game! I still feel confident about being able to find this disc and get it running, too. (With the most recent patch, which I've already downloaded.)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2018, 01:47:18 PM »
After preparing a massive reinforced garbage sack of games for donation to the guys at work (and/or to the dump, since all these games are available on GoG and/or elsewhere, inexpensively, and I already re-bought most of them, or they simply don't work on modern systems, or they're just totally superseded by modern games easily bought elsewhere)...

...I have found the disc I sought!

Testing shall commence soon. But progress has been occurred! (As my late pupil liked to say in Chinglish.)

(Oddly, I have managed to gain not much free space from preparing a 25 gallon bag of games to be moved along! -- so while that progress has also progressed more remains to be done.  :P )

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2018, 02:15:40 PM »
Yay!

:DD Sounds exactly like my attempts to clean out the attic (where all my game stuff resides)!  O:-)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2018, 02:19:08 PM »
My Avatar has been made.  >:D

Oh, just to clarify, I am on update 1.08c.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 02:25:20 PM by JasonPratt »

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2018, 02:33:11 PM »
 >:D

Where's Toonz?

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2018, 02:37:53 PM »
Be patient with him, he has a very short attention span.
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2018, 06:08:20 PM »
Heh, I've never been to this part of the forum before. 

Edit: disregard, I may have found the download link after all.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 06:10:27 PM by Toonces »
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2018, 06:23:02 PM »
Alright, I was able to download the game and get it running.  The only reason I found the email was because I bought Six Gun Saga a really long time ago, and that keyword search actually turned up the right email originator (BMT Micro or something like that).

Gimme a bit to re-learn the game; I was never very good at it to begin with, but I remember it being harder than it appeared at first glance.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 11:17:42 AM »
While we're waiting, I assume Ysk will host the game? If so, how do the pbem mechanics work?