Author Topic: [PBEM]Solium Infernum - Come claim Hell's Throne! (max 6 players)  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
It's been a long time since this little gem was released; 2009 to be exact!
But its a great game and pretty cheap as well if you don't have it (15 bucks).

Solium Infernum is a turn based strategy game that lets you vie for the throne in Hell. Literally!
From Cryptic Comet's features page:

-Customize your Archfiend avatar by selecting your starting attributes, infernal rank, public objective and special perks.

-Level up your Archfiend in 5 different spheres of evil: Wrath, Deception, Prophecy, Destruction and Diabolism.

- Battle for the control of hell across a landscape of beautifully painted hexes on 3 different map sizes.

- Over 50 different unique legions await your orders.

-Legions gain experience and can be augmented with powerful heroes and artifacts

-Over 30 unique Places of Power dot the endless tracks of hell.  Capture them and use them to secure your claim on the Infernal Throne

-Retire to your sinister ritual chamber and call on dark arcane powers and over 30 unholy relics to damage, cripple or hinder your enemiesÖ and allies of convenience.

-Over 30 unique event cards keep the game unpredictable.  Challenge your rivals in the infernal games of Pandemonium, send your finest legion on an expedition against Heavenís ramparts or call an ill-timed cessation of all vendettas and blood feuds.

-Compete against up to 5 other humans or AIís in a PBEM battle royal.

-Games last anywhere from 25 to 50 turns.  A small single player game can be completed in just a few hours.

-Over 150 beautifully painted images can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven, what matter where if I still be the same.

Who's interested?
"(...) running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: [PBEM]Solium Infernum - Come claim Hell's Throne! (max 6 players)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS!?  >:D :D
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 05:54:09 PM »
Then again, now that you've suggested it, I'm not sure how players who don't have it already (I do) are going to get it...  ???

It isn't on GoG yet, or on Steam. Nor on Gamersgate (which sometimes has separate games from the other two).
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 11:04:17 PM »
Cryptic Comet has been the only place to get the game and still is as far as I know.
I lost my installer over time and the initial download link isnt active anymore so Iíve contacted them for help.
I do have my key (ofc), so depending filesize perhaps you could share the installer? Might be quickest.
"(...) running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 07:21:47 AM »
It isn't large, but I think it's on a CD. I'll have to check.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 07:38:15 AM »
Thanks!
Vic moved on to cardboard boardgame development and even though he stated that tech support for his electronic games would continue, I wouldnít be surprised if the response is delayed extensively.

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 10:42:49 AM »
I'm fairly sure the SI download is less than 100MB.  It could be easily shared.  I'm sure I have it on CD somewhere myself.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 11:01:32 AM »
Donít worry guys! Vic just emailed me new download links for SI as well as Armageddon Empires! Nice!

So Huw, would you be interested in joining the Pbem fest here?

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 11:06:32 AM »
Yeah I'll give it a go as long as the turns aren't too quick (my gaming time is heavily budgeted as it is).

I haven't played in a very long time though.  I played a few games when it released and that was it.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 11:13:07 AM »
Well I think its safe to say Jason and myself (for sure) haven't had much SI exposure either! :)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 11:18:49 AM »
Turns are quick to play in my experience. You don't have to manage a number of cities, for example. Units on the board are limited to single groups (from one to maybe five at the most), and you don't have to manage the troops under your commanders, or manage your commanders much either.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 12:07:18 PM »
Bad news... I keep getting 'Object Not Found' errors while doing various parts of the game.
It seems like script error caused by something.  :-\

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 10:39:08 AM »
Forget about this game at times.  Pretty sure I also have it backed up on a disk somewhere, although I'd have to dig after having moved.

Is it not running well on more modern OSes?

Offline Huw the Poo

• Landsknecht
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 11:32:58 AM »
I'll try and dig out my copy this weekend and see how it goes.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 12:35:57 PM »
The problem was me not having created an Avatar yet. Instead of the game telling me that was the problem it just throws a script error.

I am up an running now to my surprise! So a PBEM game is still very much an option if you guys get it to run! Should be fun!