Author Topic: Predestination. A turn-based sci-fi 4X game.  (Read 1967 times)

Offline solops

• Viking
  • Woof!
Re: Predestination. A turn-based sci-fi 4X game.
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2019, 07:43:47 PM »
  Since they finally decided to exit early access I decided it was time to download my drm-free game.  Of course it crashes during loading.  And in sympathy, Firefox on my tablet crashed as I started to type this!
Outstanding! Long live technology making our lives simple and care free.

I think the game has a few teething problems, but they have issued several hotfixes in the last week and seem responsive to reports of issues. They have promised support and free content for some time and we may even see some DLC. The planetary development system is a game by itself. They have included some templates so that you can just tell a planet to build a whole program of buildings (ag planets, R&D planets, etc). This should help with MM in large, long games. I am having trouble with the ship design/build windows right now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 07:46:14 PM by solops »
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline FarAway Sooner

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2019, 01:14:57 PM »
Backed this 4? years ago.  Since they finally decided to exit early access I decided it was time to download my drm-free game.  Of course it crashes during loading.  And in sympathy, Firefox on my tablet crashed as I started to type this!

Consistency is often under-rated, don't you think?   :hug:

Offline bobarossa

• Viking
  • Master of Oreos
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2019, 02:20:25 PM »
And their comment on downloading the drm free version is that the would contact me after major updates.  I didn't realize they would offer only minor support for that version.

Offline bobarossa

• Viking
  • Master of Oreos
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2019, 01:23:34 PM »
So I recently built a new Win 10 computer and tried Predistination on it.  Still crashes.  Anyone get the DRM free version of the game to run?