Author Topic: The man who sold FRIDAY!  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
Re: The man who sold FRIDAY!
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2018, 09:42:37 PM »
Well I survived movie night.  The boy was very polite and actually held a conversation with me.  Nothing else happened except for movie watching.  I know because I conducted covert ops monitoring the family room.  Heh heh!

Nice. What did you guys talk about?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2018, 01:13:16 AM »
About dimensions...
"(...) running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline MikeGER

• Condottieri
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2018, 01:55:01 AM »
Well I survived movie night.  The boy was very polite and actually held a conversation with me.  Nothing else happened except for movie watching. 

...this t-shirt could be very popular in the Grog store, it worked for W8taminute ^-^

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2018, 03:09:34 AM »
 :bd:
"(...) running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline Father Ted

• Viking
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2018, 04:06:55 AM »
#13 should read, "...I have a shotgun, a shovel, and a patio waiting to be built" - you don't want to ruin all the hard work of making one just to dig it up again.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2018, 10:54:27 AM »
Ironically, I just played the Helm Hammerhand mission in Shadow of War, and this topic turned out to be pertinent...  :o
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Strategic Werewolf Axe-chopping Simulator video AAR!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2018, 09:31:48 PM »
When I was young, the only T-shirts I paid attention to were the ones she was wearing. I think I remember hearing the sound of ammunition boxes being opened a few times I showed up for a date.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2018, 04:31:54 AM »
Ended up playing mostly WH40K Inquisitor Martyr. This wasnít even on my radar going into the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see how polished itís become since the last time I played late in its early access/beta cycle. I enjoyed it, but can see how the missions are getting very repetitive. Still, the push for higher level loot and to level up your character gives it that one more mission addictive quality.

Itís definitrly not for everyone, but if you like WH40K and diablo type games, itís probably worth a shot.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2018, 06:46:56 AM »
Began a Hun campaign in Field of Glory II. Hope to start an Avar campaign in Attila: TW (they appear in the Charlemagne dlc).
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.Ē

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer

Offline jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2018, 07:14:07 AM »
Lots of Spider-Man and Destiny 2 for me.

Geralt looks at me with an angry stare as he is ignored another weekend.
Insert witty comment here.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
  • Aboard the Praetor's Pride
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2018, 08:09:37 AM »
That's the spirit W8. The old Bug-In-The-Flowerplant Trick?

Haha!  No nothing that sophisticated although that does give me an idea.   :)

Well I survived movie night.  The boy was very polite and actually held a conversation with me.  Nothing else happened except for movie watching.  I know because I conducted covert ops monitoring the family room.  Heh heh!

Nice. What did you guys talk about?

He told me about his upcoming soccer games.  He's on the junior varsity team for the high school.  And then we talked a little about the Red Sox and that's pretty much it.  What I appreciated was the fact he paid respect to me. 

@MikeGER

Love that T-shirt!  I would buy one immediately if it was on the Grogs store.   O0
Forgive me my old friend.  But I must use all my experience...to get home.

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2018, 01:24:56 PM »
So Iíve jumped back in to Field of Glory II and Iíll be dipped in poo if it isnít kicking my ass. Until now I was decent enough at this game and could eek out wins in battles and campaigns set at the 2nd and 3rd difficulty levels. Iíve started playing a Hun campaign and after three tries at the second mission, the AI slaughters me as the Goths every single damned time. I donít remember if this is a community-made campaign or if it was made by the developers, but either way it is giving me nightmares about Gothic lancers.
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.Ē

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer