Author Topic: Photobucket Blues  (Read 142 times)

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
Photobucket Blues
« on: October 05, 2018, 03:50:05 PM »
I have been using Photobucket to host images. The interface is great when it comes to grabbing the HTML code.

However, Photobucket has been down, for about 24 hours now. This is not the first time I have issue with them, so I think it is time to move on.

So I looked for another free service.

Google has always been lacking, because the share link it gives you sends you to a Google page.

Well, I just found this page: https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/?_ga=2.65241646.1425229660.1538770992-76249326.1538770992

Stick in your Google share code, and it returns the HTTP image link.  Works well for me so far.

A little clunky, but it seems to work.  And hey, it's Google, the company with the command "don't be evil" in its corporate code of conduct. What could go wrong?   
"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden."   Grantland Rice, New York Herald Tribune, October 18th, 1924. 

Notre Dame wins at Army, 13 - 7, Oct. 18, 1924

Notre Dame undefeated 1924
Coach: Knute Rockne

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
Re: Photobucket Blues
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 05:53:24 PM »
Vituš ér enn - eša hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

We must fight for yesterday's bright tomorrow!