Author Topic: Is there a rocket scientist in the house?  (Read 452 times)

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
Re: Is there a rocket scientist in the house?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 08:36:48 PM »
^ That's gotta be a trick question.  But we'll get back to that.

So tonight apparently there was a SpaceX launch from Vandenburg.  Thank goodness for the wife and Facebook or I'd have had no idea.

We went out at launch, watched, watched, and I'll be damned but we could see the rocket going up, separation from a booster, and then what appeared to be orbital insertion.  That was super epically awesome!  I've never seen a rocket launch, and that was uber cool.

Wifey got it on video, so I'll post that up here at some point. 

Timely.   8)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 04:29:12 PM »
Let's see if this works...

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 05:14:44 PM »
The thumbnails look like sonograms.

What? wait! are.. you.. ?
Vituš ér enn - eša hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

We must fight for yesterday's bright tomorrow!

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 06:48:09 PM »
Heh. 

We had a real live rocket scientist up in computer gaming, but he just couldn't make his way down here I guess.   :-[