Author Topic: Hurricane Florence  (Read 1880 times)

Offline MetalDog

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
  • Central Scrutinizer
Re: Hurricane Florence
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 09:36:17 PM »
I begged my kids to get out of FLA before that killer one last year.  They ignored me.  Turned out ok for them, but, riding out a Cat 3 is not a good thing if you can get out of the way.  Here's hoping you can talk them out of there.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 08:12:37 AM »
This has had one of the odder storm tracks I've seen in years for a major storm.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 09:47:53 AM »
Yes, tempts one to make sexist remarks about females not able to make-up their minds, doesn't it? So....none of THAT Gentlemen. Show some class.  ::)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline DoctorQuest

• Condottieri
  • I'm not a real doctor.
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 09:57:38 AM »
Let's talk about how many unplayed games you have in your Steam/GOG library.....
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 12:43:36 PM »
Too true.  :-[
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 01:16:20 PM »

camera at the off-shore platform at Fry Pan Shoals, about to get run over by a Cat 3 hurricane
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 03:04:22 PM »
Man, I clicked on that link 2 hours later, and the wind's road made me jump out of my chair!
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 05:18:06 PM »
Old Glory's holding-up pretty well.  O0

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 05:36:55 PM »
Old Glory's holding-up pretty well.  O0

I don't think your browser is updating properly....  :hide:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

“Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth.”
-Clifford D. Simak

Offline Centurion40

• Captain Obvious
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 05:41:26 PM »
Best of luck to y’all in the path of the storm.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Offline Ubercat

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2018, 06:33:41 PM »
Camera has lost its picture. You can still hear it.
Numbers 31:17-18
"Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves."

Psalm 137:9
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones."

Online Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »
I listened for about 3 seconds and it almost drove me more insane.
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.”

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer

Offline Toonces

• Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2018, 08:54:51 PM »
I've been watching a lot of this in lieu of the Weather Channel.  I like how this channel has a quad thing going.  They had that Frying Pan Reef cam live in one corner for quite a while today.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

"Maybe the slightly sullen look is blaming you for making her feel dirty, wanting to be hot. Yes, it's your fault." - Biggs (again)

"That's what you get when you are getting older and less sober as I am." - SirAndrewD

"Toonces Drunk - (adj) Tooh-nsays Dru-nk Descr:  Smash into a room, insult all your friends, fall asleep for 2 days, naked, face down wearing nothing but ALL your watches on one arm."  - UCG

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »
I think the flagstaff thing held together pretty well considering. I have a 12 ft. aluminium flagpole in my backyard and the first serious thunderstorm that came by the wind bent it.  :o  Now if it's bad weather I take my flag down.

Offline Staggerwing

• Blunderbuster
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2018, 06:30:00 AM »
https://twitter.com/hashtag/standwithkevin?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Ehashtag

'Kevin' is the internet nickname given to the Frying Pan Reef flag.
Vituđ ér enn - eđa hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-