Author Topic: Steel Division 2 Brings Single Player Strategic map campaign similar to totalwar  (Read 5803 times)

Offline SirAndrewD

• Man-at-Arms
Yes 'game slut' was aimed at everyone, including myself.

We don't want to hear any more about your dongle

Offline Sir Slash

• Longbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
I was a slut before I was a game slut.  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline FlickJax

• Viking
My wife says I am a slag ;)

Offline acctingman

• Man-at-Arms
I just started playing the first game...by the time I'm ready to play this one I'll get it cheap!  O0

Eagerly awaiting all your reviews though.

Offline Pete Dero

• Man-at-Arms
One last delay for the game release

First things first, we need to delay one last time the release of Steel Division 2. The definitive release date will be on June 20th for the Standard Edition & on June 18th for the Digital Deluxe Editions.

More (and better) beta playtime

Consequently, you will be able to play the game longer before release. Way longer. The initial plan was to make 5 48-hour phases before release. After the first phase, we heard your requests and made a 4-day Beta Phase 2. As you know, Phase 3 will start on Thursday, April 18th and will be 5 days long, until Tuesday, April 23rd.

From May 29th the Beta will be playable non-stop until release on June 20th. It will get updated during this 3-week period and we're preparing very cool content for you guys.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/919640/announcements/detail/1643160751039854123

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
^Boooooooo!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline SirAndrewD

• Man-at-Arms
Blah to the delay, but I guess if it makes it better so be it. 

I'll say, I had a heck of a good time with the last beta.  There needed to be a few minor balance passes, but it's a lot better than SD44 even in its current state.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
I'm not so much annoyed by the delay, but the break in the beta is what irritates. Why do it in phases? Just let it run.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline SirAndrewD

• Man-at-Arms
Apparently they're phasing it because they're releasing different divisions for each phase so they can do a full balance pass on them.

I agree though, they can do that and still keep it playable.  It'd be better for bug reporting if they did (though I will say I found the build to be incredibly stable).

Offline Grim.Reaper

• Crossbowman
I guess if they let the beta run continuously, wouldn't that be just early access then:)

I didn't get much of a chance to try it during the first beta, so hopefully can sneak some time in one of these phases...

Offline sandman2575

• Man-at-Arms
  • Poet Warrior in the Classical Sense...
I'm not so much annoyed by the delay, but the break in the beta is what irritates. Why do it in phases? Just let it run.

Agree.

...although this lastest delay does annoy me too.  >:(