Author Topic: 3D Printers  (Read 71 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
3D Printers
« on: August 06, 2018, 06:33:01 AM »
Does anybody here have a 3D printer, or at least worked with one? Iíve always been interested in the technology, and at various times, had planned on getting a fairly low budget one to tinker with. However, I never really researched the technology enough to make a reasoned decision.

I think Iím finally ready to make the jump and Iíve done a lot of research. Iíve narrowed it down to two or three models, but Iím having a lot of trouble making the final decision. The technology is so new and really, experimental, that I recognize that no matter which machine I get, Iím taking a chance...

So far, Iím looking very closely at the Dremel 3D45, the Craftbot3 or the Prusa Mk3. My budget is $1000 to $2000. The zmorph vx has also caught my eye. Itís a 3D printer, CNC mill and laser engraver, but with all the tool heads included, itís $4000! Way more than I want to spend for my first printer, but it can do so much more...

I guess Iím just looking for some experiences and impressions with this technology overall.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 08:07:55 AM by Jarhead0331 »
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog