Author Topic: GH Review! Strategic Command World War I  (Read 406 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
GH Review! Strategic Command World War I
« on: August 16, 2020, 02:35:13 PM »
Airboy reviews SCWWI...

http://grogheads.com/review/20584
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: GH Review! Strategic Command World War I
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 07:03:41 AM »
AB: "The absolutely insane and wasteful French offensives on the Western Front have been drastically toned down."

Me: ".......but this is a WW1 game?"  ::)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 10:09:37 AM »
Great review AB. I see they went to hexes from squares. When did this happen?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 11:35:06 AM »
Back when they released their first remake under Matrixlitherine, Europe at War or Whatever.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 08:38:44 PM »
Makes a lot of sense. I always thought it bizarre to have squares in the first place.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline airboy

• Crossbowman
    • averysgameblog
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 01:13:26 PM »
In this version the French do not continue to slam against the German lines in an utterly stupid fashion until they run out of troops.  Consider this an AI that has more intelligence than the original WW1 French Generals.

This is not the hardest programming task.

On an even happier note, we have internet at our NC Mountain home.  My life boss is extremely happy that she once again has a home in the NC mountains.  It is different living in a very small town.