Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital

Started by Lowenstaat, July 26, 2018, 06:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowenstaat

I ran across this video on YouTube showing progress on a digital version of Lock 'n Load Tactical:

I'm interested to see how this develops.
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart

Believe and prepare to empty yer wallet..... :D

Michael Dorosh

The devs are talking about it in the LnL Facebook group.

acctingman

I'd buy this....and I'm not a true war board gaming nerd....but yea, I'd buy this

RyanE

It looks very slick and polished.

Ubercat

LnL are here at WBC. I'll see if they can tell me anything.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Barthheart

Gusington

I am not a [board game] geek either but I would buy this too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Looks a lot like L&L's Heroes of Stalingrad sold by Matrix...?

Ubercat

Looks sweet!

David Heath gave me a run down of the game and then set me down at his laptop to try the latest build. He gave me permission to share everything he told me here. I pushed some counters around and got to check out the interface. It looks head and shoulders above the old Stalingrad version.

One thing about the board version I don't like (also applies to ASL) is remembering all the SSL's (special scenario rules). The digital version should have specially altered maps for certain scenarios. If you're using a Normandy map for a non Normandy battle, you don't have to risk forgetting that those hedgerows you were counting on to defend your troops aren't really there!

I believe he said that the core game should be free and include at least the starter pack that they already provide free for PnP or cheaply for a physical copy, and possibly a little more(?) Ultimately, every tactical module should be available for purchase at an anticipated price of $25-35 each. He also plans for a lot of flexibility in how people use their modules. If you want to pit VC guerillas against falschirmjager, you should be able to.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Barthheart

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on July 27, 2018, 12:21:43 PM
Great update thanks!
:notworthy:

+1

Quote from: Ubercat on July 27, 2018, 12:15:46 PM
I believe he said that the core game should be free and include at least the starter pack that they already provide free for PnP or cheaply for a physical copy, and possibly a little more(?) Ultimately, every tactical module should be available for purchase at an anticipated price of $25-35 each. He also plans for a lot of flexibility in how people use their modules. If you want to pit VC guerillas against falschirmjager, you should be able to.

I love this model.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rayfer

Quote from: Ubercat on July 27, 2018, 12:15:46 PM
Looks sweet!

I pushed some counters around and got to check out the interface. It looks head and shoulders above the old Stalingrad version.

I look forward to the details as they unfold. I had some fun with Stalingrad but it never clicked with me and was overall disappointing. 

Ubercat

Oops, almost forgot. There will be an iOS version for pads as well as Mac and PC. The laptop I saw it on was a Mac. They aren't planning an Android version.

- Thomas Sowell