Author Topic: Crowd Sourcing an Election: A proposed AAR  (Read 126 times)

Offline Tripoli

• Velites
Crowd Sourcing an Election: A proposed AAR
« on: July 01, 2018, 06:38:26 PM »
I've got a proposal for a possible group AAR: 270Soft has an single-player election simulator called "Congress Infinity," that allows for simulating the US Senate elections in November 2018.  See
https://270soft.com/us-election-games/congress-election-game-2018/

THe game is available for either Mac or PC for $19.95.

To summarize the game, it lets the player play the role of the head of the RNC or DNC and with daily turns provide resources to the various senate campaigns, with the goal of maximizing the number of wins for your party in November.  Turns can be daily or weekly, beginning on either 1 August 2018, or 1 September 2018. The game also allows you to edit the scenario file, so you can start the game with accurate polling. 

What I am proposing (for anyone who is interested) to run a tournament (or alternatively, simply AARs), beginning on 1 August and tracking day-for-day the 2018 Congressional election.  Between now and 1 August I would alter the scenario file so that it would have the most up to date polling.  The objective of the tournament would be to see whose AAR came closest to matching the actual results of the 2018 election.    Is this idea of any interest to anyone?  If not, I'm still planning on doing it, and posting the AAR here.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: Crowd Sourcing an Election: A proposed AAR
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 07:05:10 PM »
Interesting. I have either this or its presidential campaign (maybe both), for some earlier year, but have never played it.

I'm going to be involved in a couple of forum games already so I'll provisionally pass, but I'll be watching any AARs here with great interest!  O:-)
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

Me vs Barth -- DC1: Blitz

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
Re: Crowd Sourcing an Election: A proposed AAR
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 09:19:54 PM »
Very interesting, but I will be traveling for two weeks during that time frame.