Combat Mission status

Started by RyanE, May 27, 2018, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zonso

I don't know, I browsed this thread again this morning just to see if my memory was mistaken, but nope. Finding praise in this thread is like the proverbial needle in a haystack. What there is is a whole litany of complaints about drm, lack of communication/updates, lack of new content, old engine, not on Steam and doom and gloom on BFC's solvency etc. A handful of posts from a few who say hey this is a good game, but perhaps that qualifies as rampant fanboyism and praise only?  :P

CMSF turned me on to Modern combat and CMSF2 has rekindled that interest again. Not a revolutionary step no, it is still CM, but definitely a culmination of improvements that make it feel like a brand new game. I am having a lot of fun with the demo and from the BFC forum a lot of others are also. What has become apparent is I really had gotten away from thinking 'like a real commander giving orders to real soldiers' in regards casualties after playing the WWII titles and will need to fit that hat again.

Yskonyn

Quote from: Zonso on October 24, 2018, 11:47:02 AM
I don't know, I browsed this thread again this morning just to see if my memory was mistaken, but nope. Finding praise in this thread is like the proverbial needle in a haystack. What there is is a whole litany of complaints about drm, lack of communication/updates, lack of new content, old engine, not on Steam and doom and gloom on BFC's solvency etc. A handful of posts from a few who say hey this is a good game, but perhaps that qualifies as rampant fanboyism and praise only?  :P

More more eloquent than myself, but my point exactly.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grim.Reaper

latest post from steve.....not feeling good about a release before end of october:(. i say just release it since they aren't releasing all the campaigns anyway....might as well get started since it likely will not become perfect

——————————————-
Still working on it ;)  One of the side effects of handling sooooo much (too much!) content all at once is it takes a long time to find all of the bugs.  For example, on Friday I went into the TO&E to find a bug that was identified (more of a rough corner) and discovered that one of the more obscure vehicles had the wrong crew assigned to it.  Which would negate the use of its primary weapon if the vehicle suffered even one casualty.  Obviously no tester ran into that situation and so it wasn't discovered until now.

At some point we're just going to have to live with a release that has the potential for minor glitches like this then release a patch.  It's either that or keep this thing in the oven at the 99% complete stage for a while longer.  I don't think anybody wants that, so we're going to get this thing wrapped up very soon.

IICptMillerII

Here is a showcase video showing the Syrians conducting a successful armored assault against defending Germans. It is taken from a modified version of the NATO scenario "Bier un Brezel" and showcases some of the Syrians new equipment, specifically the T-72AV with TURMS-T sights. This depicts the Syrians in a much better light than the first video, while also showing a fair amount of give and take between them and the German defenders. Hope you all enjoy!

Sir Slash

Enjoyed it I did. Thanks CptMiller.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Cyrano

Oooh, that APC trying to pop smoke and get out of Dodge.  Ow...
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Sir Slash

Yeah, and the Leopards didn't fare too well either did they?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grim.Reaper

I was really hoping they were going to release by end of October, even with the partial campaigns:(

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: IICptMillerII on October 30, 2018, 04:04:41 PM
Here is a showcase video showing the Syrians conducting a successful armored assault against defending Germans.

Thanks for taking the time to make and share the video.  Very cool.  Looking forward to the release of CMSF2.

From the CMSF2 demo.  An IED triggerman.

Yskonyn

Dang! Every time this thread shows unread posts I am clicking it hoping to find the message that CMSF2 and / or Engine 4 patch has been released.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Sir Slash

That guy wears the same kind of Converse shoes I do, though I don't really think white and camo match.

Con

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 04, 2018, 11:26:06 PM
That guy wears the same kind of Converse shoes I do, though I don't really think white and camo match.
Fashion faux pas. You can't wear white and camo after Labor Day.

Sir Slash

Maybe that explains the mask.

From the CMSF2 Demo - USMC module - The scenario - Day at the beach.  Now Shock Force has amphibious vehicles.  Very cool.