Author Topic: Pillars of Eternity 2  (Read 100 times)

Offline Sir Slash

• Longbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
Pillars of Eternity 2
« on: May 10, 2018, 01:06:28 PM »
OK. Been playing this one a little since it came out Tuesday-- don't you just hate it when you a great new game to get into and that's when the phone rings, the doorbell rings, the cat shits on the carpet, trees fall in your front yard while aliens land in your back yard? And then the cat shits again on the carpet. Anyway despite all of life's distractions, I've managed to play this a little.

I'm happy to say I'm in love all over again. It does very little new, just some changes to the UI and you don't need Camping Supplies anymore. When you camp you use whatever things you've gathered to boost your stats like food, herbs, and ingredients. Otherwise it's just a new story where typical RPG-like you've got to save the world from a new challenge after losing all the great stuff you got in Pillars 1.  :'(  But the same old easy to use UI, beautiful graphics, dungeon crawls, fights, new loot, and some new and old characters are still here. Very little new, much old and done right.

Like Pillars 1, give yourself plenty of time at start because the Prolog and Character Creation are combined into one long act and it's a while before you get to a save place. Lots of new Character choices to choose from. I also had a Screen Resolution problem where the game started in with the wrong size and in the Attributes Screen I couldn't 'X' out as the point to click on was outside of my screen. So use whatever Screen Resolution you used for Pillars 1 in the 'Options' menu.

I'll post some more opinions later but for now, Sir Slash has returned to put his steel boot squarely into Evil's Lily White Ass.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline airboy

• Landsknecht
Re: Pillars of Eternity 2
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 02:13:32 PM »
I'm going to finish up the White March and refinish Pillars before buying this.  I'm also hankering to play the Whites vs the Reds in Strategic Command World War 1.  Probably Pillars 2 will be purchased on sale at Christmas.

I'm delighted you are enjoying it.  Perhaps your Pug minions could write a review?

Offline Sir Slash

• Longbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 02:30:26 PM »
Will do. I hadn't even started the game before it was trying to sell me the 3 planned DLC's coming. :o  I transferred my saved game from Pillars 1 over to Pillars 2 but it has to be an 'Act 4' save when you talk to the Deities. It didn't really matter much though because all of the choices you have, you still pretty much start out as a new character anyway. I'll post some screenies over at the Screen Shots Section.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline acctingman

• Viking
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 04:08:38 PM »
I need to finish the first one before I buy this...and play more Battletech....and paint more minis....

Damnit...not enough time, too many games/hobbies to play!

Looking forward to your reviews/comments Sir Slash