Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption 2  (Read 969 times)

Offline Pete Dero

• Man-at-Arms
Re: Red Dead Redemption 2
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 08:57:34 AM »
https://www.polygon.com/red-dead-redemption-2-guide/2018/10/25/18014854/beginners-guide-tips

I don't have any consoles so I'm hoping that they will release this one on PC this time next year.

Offline Pete Dero

• Man-at-Arms

Offline MikeGER

• Condottieri
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 01:23:22 AM »
so how is the word after 2 weeks by those Grogs who have it?

i like the western theme very much and i am so tempted to even considering getting an xbox x just for RDR2,
(ok, it may get a PC release, but that will take many many month from now and falls probably not in the start of the bad 'n cold weather season, when i am in the mood for indoor activity and have the time to immerse deep into an open world game)

but i am wondering how good aiming in those gunfights, i have seen in the Let's play i follow atm, can be done with a controller? Ö i am sooo used to a mouse :-[

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 03:49:12 PM »
Aiming in GTA and RDR 1 always incorporates a 'snap to target' or 'aim assist' feature. In fact, most console games do.
So yes, aiming and prosecuting targets in these games is quite intuitive and doable!  O0
Goodwill's Grogheads Battletech Campaign GM
"I'd prefer to make my own rolls whenever possible, but running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Online Grim.Reaper

• Crossbowman
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 03:10:17 AM »
Aiming an such, is not a big issue, works well with a controller.  However, there are a lot of controls with dials and various buttons that does taken some getting used to.  I haven't gotten very far yet, real life got in the way, plus it does have some kind of nasty bug where you can miss part of the story quests so I am waiting for the first patch to drop.  But with all that said, gorgeous game and very much worth it in my opinion, but I do know others don't feel the same way.

As for PC release, I suspect it will come some day but no official announcement yet, likely will wait until after the holidays until everyone has already bought a console version and then they can get PC gamers to buy it twice:)  I think for GTA it came out a year or so after the console.

Offline JudgeDredd

• Longbowman
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2018, 05:54:29 AM »
I've just started playing this (after just completing RDR1) and I can say it's damn good. Lots and lots of beautiful country. Great movement. Superb cinematics. Lots and lots of missions. And so far at least, a damn good story to boot.

As for aiming, I am a huge fan of keyboard and mouse and nothing else comes close, but I had huge skepticism when I got my PS4 and I'm pleased to say it's alot better than I had thought. I now own God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Spiderman, along with Madden NFL (which is why I wanted a PS4) and a baseball game.

Gaming has just went up a notch since I got my PS4. Happy days.

Back to RDR2 - it looks like it'll be worth every penny of my £60
I AM the Law

Offline MikeGER

• Condottieri
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2018, 06:17:21 AM »
THX for your insights, JD  :)

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2018, 02:57:42 PM »
Gaming has just went up a notch since I got my PS4. Happy days.

Awesome.  You've stepped through a passage into another gaming universe.   :)

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2018, 04:13:39 AM »
I got this for my birthday and have played a few hours now. I am about three missions into Chapter 2.
Thoroughly engrossing experience so far!
It like playing in an interactive old west film and I am glad to see that thegame gives you all the time you want to do your own thing; that makes it feel more like an old west simulator at times than an action game. The pacing might be glacial for the more action oriented folks, but I donít mind it at all.
Goodwill's Grogheads Battletech Campaign GM
"I'd prefer to make my own rolls whenever possible, but running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth