Author Topic: Revell Starship Enterprise (original series)  (Read 1746 times)

Offline JudgeDredd

• Longbowman
Re: Revell Starship Enterprise (original series)
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2018, 11:40:58 PM »
There are some really hardcore modelers that have taken the Revell Kit and with a careful and long process of putty application, had great results. 
Yeah - I've seen someone fill the lines and re-scribe. That's not the kind of dedication I have. I enjoy building and painting - not re-designing.
Alba gu' brath

Offline MikeGER

• Condottieri
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 11:56:43 PM »
discussing if the nuts and bolt on a Flying Fortress are in a kit correct is something, but fictive blueprints of a fictive spaceship
Really ???

IIRC the original studio model is on display, so people build a downsized best replica of that studio model

here is the link to judge if a vanilla kit (or a user improved finished model) is close to the studio model   

https://airandspace.si.edu/research/projects/star-trek-starship-enterprise

Offline JudgeDredd

• Longbowman
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 11:59:25 PM »
^Thanks for that Mike.

Who knew it was that size!!?  :wow:
Alba gu' brath

Offline SirAndrewD

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2018, 01:04:07 AM »
I thought we were discussing building a best downsized version of the studio model Mike.  :nerd:

Thanks for the link.  The August article there was the one I was referring to.  There was another article by one of the attendees about the paint job and application but I can't look for it now.

Offline GDS_Starfury

• Musketeer
  • Sons of Punarchy
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 07:04:57 PM »
discussing if the nuts and bolt on a Flying Fortress are in a kit correct is something, but fictive blueprints of a fictive spaceship
Really ???

sir, you need to calm down.
Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.