Author Topic: Seriously, M:TG doesn't come with a rulebook?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
Re: Seriously, M:TG doesn't come with a rulebook?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 01:52:29 AM »
All the more reason to go with LCGs for me, nowadays. 

Mage Wars Academy, Ashes of the Phoenixborn, Netrunner, and all sorts of others coming out nowadays.  You know what you get, with rulebook, and no need to gamble at getting good stuff in randomized boosters.   O0  It's where you probably wanna be if you're the type who just prefers to occasionally buy a pack and casually play.

EDIT:  Hrmm... maybe I'll break out Mage Wars Academy for a head-to-head next week.   :coolsmiley:

Definately! I am hooked on Netrunner. I've even gotten to the point where my wife seems to be getting more tempted to start playing. Yay!
Jinteki.net is a great option in the mean time to find opponents.
Goodwill's Grogheads Battletech Campaign GM
"I'd prefer to make my own rolls whenever possible, but running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 03:21:51 PM »
All the more reason to go with LCGs for me, nowadays. 

Mage Wars Academy, Ashes of the Phoenixborn, Netrunner, and all sorts of others coming out nowadays.  You know what you get, with rulebook, and no need to gamble at getting good stuff in randomized boosters.   O0  It's where you probably wanna be if you're the type who just prefers to occasionally buy a pack and casually play.

EDIT:  Hrmm... maybe I'll break out Mage Wars Academy for a head-to-head next week.   :coolsmiley:

Definately! I am hooked on Netrunner. I've even gotten to the point where my wife seems to be getting more tempted to start playing. Yay!
Jinteki.net is a great option in the mean time to find opponents.

:-\

FFG stopped making the Netrunner card game recently. 

I still recall enjoying the original late-90s Shadowrun themed CCG that Netrunner is based upon.   RIP all the above.  :buck2:

People have also been speculating about when FFG may finally pull the plug on their long-running Lord of the Rings cooperative LCG.  Netrunner was rather popular for a bit, I guess it dropped with more recent competition.  Can't help but wonder when they'll stop making LotR sets too, despite it's long-running popularity and regularly selling out expansion reprints.  :(
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:24:29 PM by Nefaro »

Offline Cyrano

• Order of the Square Button
  • Man-at-Arms
  • AKA Kriegsspiel 6
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 03:28:33 PM »
You must now forge keys made by the Serene Blacksmith of Catty-Wampus.

Richard Garfield has spoken.

So.

Stupid.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Offline Dammit Carl!

• Viking
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 05:08:09 PM »
???

People are so damn dumb.

Offline BanzaiCat

• Arquebusier
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2018, 07:22:46 PM »