Decades Bracket - The 60s Sweet 16

Started by MetalDog, February 28, 2018, 08:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Welcome to the first of the four Decades Brackets that will determine the One Song to Rule Them All!   <:-)  Thank you all so very much for participating and getting us to this point.  I am super excited to see this all play out.  So let's get to it!!

As you may have noticed, the first four and the last two seeds are Stones songs.  As much of a favorite as they are on these boards, I just couldn't make them the 1 through 6.  It's already difficult enough to think of any song BUT a Stones song winning the 60s.  But there are worthy challengers.  Even though it looks like I sacrificed the early winners to the unstoppable force (that's TOTALLY what I did ;) ).  You still have Jimi, Zep, the Kinks and Aretha.  So let's see where you take us and vote'm up!  :bd:  \m/

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat