One of these FRIDAYS

Started by Tuna, February 16, 2018, 06:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Continue with my Bretonnia TW:Warhammer campaign.. I might grab They are Billions on the Steam sale. Long Weekend yay!

Barthheart

Long weekend here.  \m/

Try to get some live VASSAL play of Heroes of the Falklands in with SDR.

Gotta try the new historic scenario in SD44.

More prep work for upcoming Bismarck all day game.

More CiV VI R&F.

Still trying to grok Next War:Poland on the table.....

JudgeDredd

I'd definitely be interested in a Vassal game of SB Heroes of the Falklands if you've ever got some spare time and want to train a n00b. I have the boardgame and one reason for not getting it out on the table (aside from anytime I want to get a boardgame out my daughter wants it to be Star Wars:Rebellion) is it's LnL and therefore difficult rule set to follow - or at least after my last delve into one of their games (a good 3 or 4 years ago now) I couldn't be bothered trying to decipher what the hell I had to do.

I should try and get back into SD44 but I'll likely do Project Cars 2, possibly some F1 2017, definitely some more ARMA III and also a wee bit of X-Com 2. If I have some time, I'll probably fire up Total War:Warhammer

Happy gaming
Alba gu' brath

Dammit Carl!

The recent week-long-hardware-enforced sabbatical from The Division may have very well shook the lock that had on my forebrain - at least for a bit.  To be honest, I need to sit down and do an inventory list and start selling off / dismantling stuff I don't need anymore; I'm stupidly lousy rich in bits and pieces from the various gear sets and I desperately need to straighten things out.

In it's place, I'm casting loving eyes toward World of Warships / Tanks - looking into my port, I see I've got an Italian Battleship and a French Cruiser that I think I picked up as a gift from Wargaming.  Didn't even know that Italian boats were going to be a thing....cool.  Think I'll get a French Destroyer and Battleship from the Premium shop to round out credit makers for the French lines and work those babies this weekend.  I'm reasonably set in tanks and really should decide on what things I'll continue with grinding on.  First world problems, eh?

Take care folks, and have a good 'un.

Barthheart

JD, do you have a Skype account? It's easier to play live when you can actually talk to each other.

When SDR and I figure out when we're playing you're more than welcome to come watch and kibitz. It's a great way to learn the game. Yer UK time, I'm Eastern time and SDR is West coast time... could be interesting finding a mutual available time slot.  :D

There is a Discord channel, alternate to using Skype for voice comms, setup for LnLT play as well, and I need to check that out. Might be easier to have a group using that....

mirth

Discord is pretty slick. Easy to use.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Silent Disapproval Robot

Chinese New Year shenanigans on Saturday.  LnL Falklands with Barth on Sunday morning.  LnL Pacific game at my place on Sunday afternoon.  Try to get a bit more Civ VI in sometime.  I just have the base game which I got via Hukble Bundle so I'm still getting a feel for the rules changes from Civ V.

Tuna

Quote from: Barthheart on February 16, 2018, 08:04:15 AM
JD, do you have a Skype account? It's easier to play live when you can actually talk to each other.

When SDR and I figure out when we're playing you're more than welcome to come watch and kibitz. It's a great way to learn the game. Yer UK time, I'm Eastern time and SDR is West coast time... could be interesting finding a mutual available time slot.  :D

There is a Discord channel, alternate to using Skype for voice comms, setup for LnLT play as well, and I need to check that out. Might be easier to have a group using that....

Does Discord track your activity on your computer though?

mirth

Quote from: Tuna on February 16, 2018, 08:56:37 AM

Does Discord track your activity on your computer though?

It tracks everything you do and calls you 'Dave'. The big red eye is a little unnerving, but you get used to it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

I've felt the urge to go back through the campaign of Ghost Recon Future Soldier...a very overlooked and underappreciated game.

Other than that, Steel Division 44 with the new DLC, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, DCS 2.5 and/or ARMA III and maybe something space 4x to hold me over until Apocalypse 2.0 for Stellaris!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 16, 2018, 09:08:33 AM
I've felt the urge to go back through the campaign of Ghost Recon Future Soldier...a very overlooked and underappreciated game.

Other than that, Steel Division 44 with the new DLC, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, DCS 2.5 and/or ARMA III and maybe something space 4x to hold me over until Apocalypse 2.0 for Stellaris!
Not by me - great game  O0
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I don't have a skype account but I'd be willing to look into it so I can catch your game. Might help me get the flow.

Let me know a time (Eastern, Western, GMT) and I'll see about jumping on for a listen
Alba gu' brath

PanzersEast

Here we goooooo.....

1. Kingdom Come
2. Deep Sixed
3. CIV VI: Rise and Fall
4. Tabletop Simulator
5. Dominions 5

There are several games I have that I have not tried... I may end up installing several and just playing them to get and idea if I even want to put them on the list.

I also just got my Huion Inspiroy Q11K Wireless Graphic Drawing Tablet in and plan on doing some sketching this weekend as well.

Gusington

Continue Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare, start up some House of the Dying Sun, attempt to learn wtf I'm doing in Endless Space 2, stroke my copy of Kingdom Come: Deliverance as it gets patched, and perhaps buy Strike Suit Zero and/or Wolfenstein 2 on sale.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Geezer

Just picked up Stellaris and the Utopia expansion so I'll be learning that while waiting for the 2.0 update to drop next week.

Also playing:  Elder Scrolls Online, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, and Railway Empire.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw