Author Topic: Update of AH's Guns of August - Compass Game's Empires and Alliances  (Read 731 times)

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
Rob Beyma, the designer of the original AH Guns of August, is releasing an update of his venerable game.  This time the publisher is Compass Games, and the title is "Empires and Alliances".

Personally, I am looking forward to this one and will be a day one buy for me.

Compass says the release date is Feb 22.  In my experience with Compass they hit their publish dates with laser precision.

Compass' site for this game is at:
https://www.compassgames.com/preorders/empires-and-alliances.html 
"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden."   Grantland Rice, New York Herald Tribune, October 18th, 1924. 

Notre Dame wins at Army, 13 - 7, Oct. 18, 1924

Notre Dame undefeated 1924
Coach: Knute Rockne

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
Re: Update of AH's Guns of August - Compass Game's Empires and Alliances
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 03:21:24 PM »
Rob Beyma, the designer of the original AH Guns of August, is releasing an update of his venerable game.  This time the publisher is Compass Games, and the title is "Empires and Alliances".

Personally, I am looking forward to this one and will be a day one buy for me.

Compass says the release date is Feb 22.  In my experience with Compass they hit their publish dates with laser precision.

Compass' site for this game is at:
https://www.compassgames.com/preorders/empires-and-alliances.html

Just in time to celebrate the centennial of the final offensives on the Western Front.
"Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden."   Grantland Rice, New York Herald Tribune, October 18th, 1924. 

Offline Crossroads

• Man-at-Arms
  • Gott Mit Uns! - Breitenfeld 1631
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:54:41 AM »
Now there's a classic worthy of a resurrection, and with the original author as well  :notworthy:
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
-------------------------
CS: Vietnam | CS: East Front 1939-1941 - In The Works
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 OUT NOW
-------------------------
CS:ME AARs: Draw it was: "High Water Mark" (Syria, 12 Oct 1973) Me vs Berto | "Riptide" (Libya; 6 Aug 1985) Me vs Berto | "The Crossroads" (West Bank; 5 June 1967)  Me vs Berto | "Into Africa!" (Egypt; 17 Oct 1973) Me vs Berto

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Administrator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 03:35:39 AM »
In my experience with Compass they hit their publish dates with laser precision.

Mainly b/c they're smart enough to not release a publishing date w/o knowing they'll hit it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline mirth

• Tercio
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 05:28:18 AM »
What a novel concept!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can’t ‘un’ until you ‘pre’, son." - Gus

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 06:02:07 PM »
My copy arrived today, on time.

Offline OJsDad

• Crossbowman
  • Fighting for Oppressed Individualism
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Offline Bison

• Captain America
  • Arquebusier
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 06:20:11 PM »
I appreciate the need to clarify you get one box and lid set.