Decades Feeder Bracket - Wild Card 80s Week 4 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, February 04, 2018, 03:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I could copy and paste what I wrote in the 90s Bracket.  A bunch of stuff here that I have no idea what you are going to do with.  Big songs, catchy songs, songs you hate, and many more.  And for the astute of you, yes, Petty versus the Stones in the next round is a distinct possibility.  And totally on purpose.  You're only getting one of them this Bracket!  Thank you all so much for voting and following along :)

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

MetalDog

Good!  You are just the type of person I was hoping to snare with that :)

bayonetbrant

Smoking Gun was one of the first rock tunes I learned to play on the guitar (the main riff, not the solos), but I'll still take SRV - especially Cold Shot.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Tuna

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 05, 2018, 06:11:26 AM
Smoking Gun was one of the first rock tunes I learned to play on the guitar (the main riff, not the solos), but I'll still take SRV - especially Cold Shot.

I went with SRV as well. But Robert Cray is an ace in his own respect, saw him in a small venue last fall, it was an awesome show!

MetalDog

I saw Robert Cray open for Steve Winwood in '91.  What a great show by both performers.