Author Topic: Freeman: Guerilla Warfare  (Read 1406 times)

Offline JudgeDredd

• Longbowman
Re: Freeman: Guerilla Warfare
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 01:29:13 AM »
Asid bought me this for my birthday - thank you Asid - but I was pissed off right off the bat with being chucked on the ground with a pistol. Everyone - and I mean everyone else - has an automatic weapon!

So it starts right off the bat pissing you off.

However - I've only fired it up a couple of times. So I'm off to give it another bash - see how I can make some money to be able to buy a damn gun that I can use for targets further than 30 yards away!
I AM the Law

Offline GeneralHawk

• Hoplite
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 07:41:42 AM »
Reading thru this thread led me to watch a few videos. Pulled the trigger and got it. Looks fascinating and different from whatís out there. Not sure how much Iíll dabble before full release but wanted to support this type of developer.
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

Offline jomni

• Crossbowman
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2018, 04:52:48 PM »
Hi. I saved a game but don't know how to load it?  :knuppel2:

In the Steam Discussion, looks like it's a common problem.  So better avoid this until it's fixed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 04:55:18 PM by jomni »

Offline Boggit

• Landsknecht
  • Review Scribe
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 04:53:15 PM »
It looks fun.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Offline JudgeDredd

• Longbowman
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2018, 12:38:00 AM »
Hi. I saved a game but don't know how to load it?  :knuppel2:

In the Steam Discussion, looks like it's a common problem.  So better avoid this until it's fixed.
Yeah - obviously it's ALPHA - but it's really annoying that the one time I managed to get a weapon (by killing another team - you probably won't play this long enough in one stint to be able to afford a half decent weapon), I saved the game and when I came back, I was back with a pistol.  :pullhair:

A save would've been very handy and likely not going to get fired up much until they put that in. Otherwise, you're back at the grindfest beginning...grind being to try and get enough money to get a weapon or finding one from another team you've killed - both of which are very difficult...getting money is very slow and getting a weapon is hit and miss...and that's if you manage to kill another team with your pistol. All other teams...all of them...are considerably stronger than your team AND have automatic weapons.  :knuppel2:

Like I said - it's alpha - but in it's current state it's pretty difficult and a bit of a grindfest.

It does look promising though. It made me think back to the day of a game where you were an F-16 pilot and a member of a group of mercenaries...kind of would like to see that (being presented with missions to take, gaining money and weapons)...this is along those lines
I AM the Law

Offline jomni

• Crossbowman
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2018, 03:20:28 AM »
How / where do you buy weapons? Or you rely on just drops?

Offline JudgeDredd

• Longbowman
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2018, 03:50:27 AM »
How / where do you buy weapons? Or you rely on just drops?
Go to a town and trade...there are 3 types of trade iirc - Weapons, Merchant and Trader??? (I can't recall correctly). But you don't have enough money right away and need to earn some by killing a few bandits
I AM the Law