Decades Feeder Bracket - Wild Card 70s Week 3 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, January 29, 2018, 09:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Well, my friend Steelgrave will be happy.  I finally made a Boss song Number 1.  And while he may not agree, maybe he likes Jungleland or 10th Avenue Freeze Out better, but, Rosalita is a pretty bad a$$ song in its own right.  I piled a bunch of good songs in on top of that, too.  Some bands we haven't seen in the Wild Cards yet like Supertramp and REO Speedwagon.  Joined by old favorites, Fleetwood Mac and Talking Heads.  Hope you like how I put them together.  And thank you, as always, for following along and voting :)

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Weird... In every matchup, I went with the lower seed. Honestly, the 6-11 was a tossup for me, but when I realized I went all lower seeds everywhere else, it just fit
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

SUPERTRAAAAAAAAAMP  \m/

(said very few people ever except me probably)

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Barthheart

I've seen them in concert at lest 4 times. Great shows. I own all their albums.  :)

Steelgrave

Good bracket and yes, I did enjoy seeing "The Boss" leading off. "Jungleland" is amazing, a better song than "Rosalita" all the way around but you have to listen to "Jungleland" to get the depth and sheer poetry of the piece, whereas "Rosalita" is a feel good song. By way of comparison, I know the complete lyrics to "Jungleland" by heart (and the poets down here don't write nothin' at all, they just stand back and let it all be) but little more than the refrain to "Rosalita". But I'm not complaining. It's all for fun anyway.

And hell yeah to Supertramp! One of the more unappreciated bands of the 70's.

bob48

Hands up all those who have seen Led Zeppelin live.

...just me then, is it?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bob48 on January 31, 2018, 10:07:46 AM
Hands up all those who have seen Led Zeppelin live.

Oh, so you're counting the audition when John Bonham beat you out for the gig?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

bob48

Its OK. I can take it.

...so, like I said - just me then <smug mode>
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant