Decades Feeder Bracket - Wild Card 90s Week 3 Round of 16

Started by MetalDog, January 28, 2018, 12:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

As I continue to go through these, I realize that some of the best songs I have remaining may not even make it to a poll.  While unfortunate, I stand by it as I am trying to get as much different stuff included in these as I can.  I mean, every Wild Card could have been, Metallica, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, AiC, STP, RHCP, Aerosmith, and a few others.  And maybe that's what you really want.  If so, I apologize.  But I truly think a bit of variety allows a song that may be your favorite to rise up and meet the challenge to win one of these things.  Anyways, thank you all for being patient and continuing to vote along with me. :)

The 1/16

The 8/9

The 5/12

The 4/13

The 6/11

The 3/14

The 7/10

The 2/15

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

That's a much better set of songs than your other wild card bracket this week!

There are a few tunes I'm not a huge fan of, but I can't argue with their inclusion (Under the Bridge, Live Forever)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Glad you liked these better.  Still bummed I'm going to miss out on a bunch of good stuff each Decade.  Still been a blast though :)

Emeraldlis

Under the bridge is the first song I ever heard from the chilli peppers. I instantly loved it as a teenager, and still do. It's the song that turned me into a fan of theres. So I'm over the moon that it's included in the mix  :D
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

BanzaiCat

Sex and Candy is hands down the dumbest, most awful song in the universe. And that's counting Barbie Girl and RuPaul's brief singing career. :vomitguy:

If any of you like it...more power to you. It's an insta-change if it ever comes on any radio I'm listening to, though.

MetalDog

I truly despise that song as well.  And it's an insta-change on my radio, too.

BanzaiCat

Not calling you out for selecting it. I get that it's a popular song, but oh Lord I cannot stand it. Glad to hear you suffer from it too. ;)

MetalDog

What to include and what to exclude has been super tough for all these years.  There's a boatload of stuff I just love that I haven't put one song in of and things that I have included that I just cringe at knowing still get played to this day.  Trying to pander to the widest listening palette has been tough.  But y'all have seriously been troopers through this whole thing and I really appreciate it  O0  (Even if it wouldn't kill some of you to maybe listen to something other than Tom Petty and the Rolling Stones ;) )