Author Topic: Steel Tigers latest "scoop"  (Read 559 times)

Offline Oche

• Viking
Steel Tigers latest "scoop"
« on: December 04, 2019, 10:40:24 AM »
https://www.wargamer.com/articles/gary-grigsbys-war-in-the-east-2-release-date/?fbclid=IwAR1dC_K_aUl0y-7CoM0pu6SY_h3iqPBynVIga2LAyGBgHkx4lu7JYIzf-Yg

Don't mind much about WITE 2...

However..in regards to Steel Tigers..

"...We do plan to involve the Steel Panthers community in the alpha test once the basic feature set and testing are complete and their feedback will help us greatly in determining the final shape of the game and additional development and the final release timeline..."

They'd better if they don't want to sprout a half a$$ed eye candy cartoonish clickfest brain numbing "wargame".

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
Re: Steel Tigers latest "scoop"
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 11:10:44 AM »
Oche! Welcome back.
"...feels like a 39.99 game to me.

- Grim Reaper, Grogheads Seer

Offline LoganismyHERO

• Velites
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 12:43:05 PM »
Steel Tigers COULD be HUGE if they don't F it up.

Offline SirAndrewD

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 04:54:00 PM »
I'm glad to hear it's not vaporware, but grah, 2021?

Offline Oche

• Viking
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 06:24:23 PM »
Oche! Welcome back.

O0, Hey Gus, thx.

Offline WargamerJoe

• Viking
    • The Wargamer
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 03:11:59 AM »
The 2021 date is only speculation on my part regarding Steel Tigers. 2by3 could surprised us all and randomly increase their development pace next year and get both games out... my instinct says otherwise though. These games were in development when we were still owned by Matrix and that was over two years ago now, and we're only just getting wind that WitE 2 is on its way.

With ST only "70%" or whatever, I'd be surprised if the studio finishes up and tests both games for a release next year. WitE 2 would have to be very early 2020, so that that ST could be released say this time next year.

But obviously I have no idea as to the specifics of the development timings and pace etc... so this is all outside observation essentially. These guys don't seem to be in a hurry though.
Editor-in-Chief
Network N

www.wargamer.com
www.pockettactics.com
www.strategygamer.com

"Determining the appropriate level of interference in somebody else's war is never a simple matter." - Special Circumstances

Offline Oche

• Viking
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 08:05:07 AM »
The 2021 date is only speculation on my part regarding Steel Tigers. 2by3 could surprised us all and randomly increase their development pace next year and get both games out... my instinct says otherwise though. These games were in development when we were still owned by Matrix and that was over two years ago now, and we're only just getting wind that WitE 2 is on its way.

With ST only "70%" or whatever, I'd be surprised if the studio finishes up and tests both games for a release next year. WitE 2 would have to be very early 2020, so that that ST could be released say this time next year.

But obviously I have no idea as to the specifics of the development timings and pace etc... so this is all outside observation essentially. These guys don't seem to be in a hurry though.

I'm sure the team behind it has multiple projects at hand at one time or the other, that probably being the main reason behind the time they've taken with Steel Tigers, even so, i wish them all the luck :peace:

Offline FlickJax

• Viking
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 09:09:12 AM »

I'm sure the team behind it has multiple projects at hand at one time or the other, that probably being the main reason behind the time they've taken with Steel Tigers, even so, i wish them all the luck :peace:

Pretty sure if they were thinking straight they would realise the community would rather see Steel Tigers than War in the East 2 ;)  in my humble opinion :)

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for walkie-talkies in 1809.....
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 09:27:14 AM »

Pretty sure if they were thinking straight they would realise the community would rather see Steel Tigers than War in the East 2 ;)  in my humble opinion :)

+100  O0
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

I'm not a drunk, I'm just Canadian - Shawn Germain

Offline Con

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 10:29:04 AM »
I am way more stoked for war in the East 2 than steel tigers

Offline bobarossa

• Viking
  • Master of Oreos
« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 12:28:54 PM »
Given Grigsby's progression from War in Russia, Second Front, GG's War in Russia and then WITE, I would guess that WITE2 will requre cybernetic implants to be able to handle the complexity.  But I have very vain hopes that he will make it playable in my remaining life span. 

Offline Sir Slash

• Arquebusier
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 05:27:14 PM »
And priced below $100 if we're lucky.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.