Author Topic: Civ VI: Rise and Fall expansion  (Read 8312 times)

Online RedArgo

• Viking
Civ VI: Rise and Fall expansion
« on: November 28, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »
New expansion due out in February.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/28/civilization-6-rise-and-fall-expansion-details/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

Looks interesting, but I just haven't been able to get into Civ VI for some reason.  Played a ton of all the rest.  Maybe this will change that.

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
Re: Civ VI: Rise and Fall expansion
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

“Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth.”
-Clifford D. Simak

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for walkie-talkies in 1809.....
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 05:21:44 PM »
 <:-)
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

I'm not a drunk, I'm just Canadian - Shawn Germain

Offline Anguille

• Man-at-Arms
  • Mvemba a Nzinga
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:11:00 AM »
I haven't played a lot of Civilization VI yet and i have to say that the map gets crowed way too soon with the new System. Oriental Empires is a lot more what i want from a Civilization type of game. Also the bad grachics of the Units is a turn-off (especially compared to Civilization 5 and Oriental Empires). I have started my first campaign of Civilization VI so i'll see where this is leading me.

However i think i will get this Expansion, looks nice and it should improve the base game.

My all time favorite games:
Master of Orion, Civil War II: Generals,  Armada 2526 Supernova, Star Trek: Birth of the Federation, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Imperium Galactica I, Conquest: Frontier Wars, Master of Orion III, Spartan, Civilization III, Knights of Honor, Takeda 2 and 3, Horizon, Master of Orion Conquer the stars.

Favorite games by Haemimont:
Rising Kingdoms, Omerta: city of gangsters, Celtic Kings: Punic Wars, Glory of the Roman Empire, Imperium Romanum and Grand Ages: Rome

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 06:10:42 AM »
I haven't played a lot of Civilization VI yet and i have to say that the map gets crowed way too soon with the new System. Oriental Empires is a lot more what i want from a Civilization type of game. Also the bad grachics of the Units is a turn-off (especially compared to Civilization 5 and Oriental Empires). I have started my first campaign of Civilization VI so i'll see where this is leading me.

However i think i will get this Expansion, looks nice and it should improve the base game.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Offline Steelgrave

• Sgt at Arms
  • Global Moderator
  • Musketeer
  • Sic nos sic sacra tuemur
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 07:06:42 AM »
That pic is how I always picture Donald Sutherland now. I pose and make that face for my grandsons often, keeps them on edge   8)
"Nice job, Steelie. I think you've offended everyone in this thread"  O0  .......Mirth

"-- insert Steelie rant here--"......Sir Slash

Offline Anguille

• Man-at-Arms
  • Mvemba a Nzinga
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »

Ehm...not good?
My all time favorite games:
Master of Orion, Civil War II: Generals,  Armada 2526 Supernova, Star Trek: Birth of the Federation, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Imperium Galactica I, Conquest: Frontier Wars, Master of Orion III, Spartan, Civilization III, Knights of Honor, Takeda 2 and 3, Horizon, Master of Orion Conquer the stars.

Favorite games by Haemimont:
Rising Kingdoms, Omerta: city of gangsters, Celtic Kings: Punic Wars, Glory of the Roman Empire, Imperium Romanum and Grand Ages: Rome

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Musketeer
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 03:52:27 PM »
 :2funny:
"Grogheads should be the only tribe on this site.”

- Besilarius, Community Sage

Offline joram

• Viking
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 04:08:57 PM »
I've always been a Civ fanboy but I too have trouble getting into VI.   I chalk it up to too much going on but then somehow find the time to play other things so I just think it's Civs fault.  :)

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 06:06:29 PM »
I've always been a Civ fanboy but I too have trouble getting into VI.   I chalk it up to too much going on but then somehow find the time to play other things so I just think it's Civs fault.  :)

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Offline joram

• Viking
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 09:07:08 AM »
Lol.

Offline RommelFox

• Velites
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 09:34:14 AM »

I'm a Civ fan but I've been hesitant over VI.  I liked some things about V, but the fact that V was so limiting on the number of cities you can build really killed it for me.  I know VI has the districts, so maybe that feeling of only a small handful of cities is somewhat alleviated?

I've also hear the ai is pretty bad?

Civ III and IV are my current favorites of the series.

Offline MetalDog

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
  • Central Scrutinizer
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 06:25:17 PM »
Did someone say they liked Civ IV?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 06:33:47 PM »
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Musketeer
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 06:41:54 PM »
I loved Civ V but the cartoony look of VI I still what turns me off.
"Grogheads should be the only tribe on this site.”

- Besilarius, Community Sage