Author Topic: Civ VI: Rise and Fall expansion  (Read 834 times)

Offline RedArgo

• Viking
Civ VI: Rise and Fall expansion
« on: November 28, 2017, 08:38:07 AM »
New expansion due out in February.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/11/28/civilization-6-rise-and-fall-expansion-details/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RockPaperShotgun+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%29

Looks interesting, but I just haven't been able to get into Civ VI for some reason.  Played a ton of all the rest.  Maybe this will change that.

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
Re: Civ VI: Rise and Fall expansion
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 08:46:21 AM »
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for dark matter in deep, dark holes....
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 05:21:44 PM »
 <:-)
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Offline Anguille

• Man-at-Arms
  • Above and Beyond
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 02:11:00 AM »
I haven't played a lot of Civilization VI yet and i have to say that the map gets crowed way too soon with the new System. Oriental Empires is a lot more what i want from a Civilization type of game. Also the bad grachics of the Units is a turn-off (especially compared to Civilization 5 and Oriental Empires). I have started my first campaign of Civilization VI so i'll see where this is leading me.

However i think i will get this Expansion, looks nice and it should improve the base game.

My all time favorite games:
Master of Orion, Civil War II: Generals,  Armada 2526 Supernova, Star Trek: Birth of the Federation, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Imperium Galactica I, Conquest: Frontier Wars, Master of Orion III, Spartan, Civilization III, Knights of Honor, Takeda 2 and 3, Horizon, Master of Orion Conquer the stars.

Favorite games by Haemimont:
Rising Kingdoms, Omerta: city of gangsters, Celtic Kings: Punic Wars, Glory of the Roman Empire, Imperium Romanum and Grand Ages: Rome

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 06:10:42 AM »
I haven't played a lot of Civilization VI yet and i have to say that the map gets crowed way too soon with the new System. Oriental Empires is a lot more what i want from a Civilization type of game. Also the bad grachics of the Units is a turn-off (especially compared to Civilization 5 and Oriental Empires). I have started my first campaign of Civilization VI so i'll see where this is leading me.

However i think i will get this Expansion, looks nice and it should improve the base game.

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

Offline Steelgrave

• Sgt-at-Arms
  • Global Moderator
  • Blunderbuster
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 07:06:42 AM »
That pic is how I always picture Donald Sutherland now. I pose and make that face for my grandsons often, keeps them on edge   8)
"Nice job, Steelie. I think you've offended everyone in this thread"  O0  .......Mirth

"When you die, may Hugh Hefner's life pass before your eyes"....traditional Irish blessing

Offline Anguille

• Man-at-Arms
  • Above and Beyond
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »

Ehm...not good?
My all time favorite games:
Master of Orion, Civil War II: Generals,  Armada 2526 Supernova, Star Trek: Birth of the Federation, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Imperium Galactica I, Conquest: Frontier Wars, Master of Orion III, Spartan, Civilization III, Knights of Honor, Takeda 2 and 3, Horizon, Master of Orion Conquer the stars.

Favorite games by Haemimont:
Rising Kingdoms, Omerta: city of gangsters, Celtic Kings: Punic Wars, Glory of the Roman Empire, Imperium Romanum and Grand Ages: Rome

Offline Gusington

• The Pantsless Horseman
  • Global Moderator
  • Musketeer
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 03:52:27 PM »
 :2funny:
"I like to educate while I humiliate."

- mirth

Offline joram

• Equites
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 04:08:57 PM »
I've always been a Civ fanboy but I too have trouble getting into VI.   I chalk it up to too much going on but then somehow find the time to play other things so I just think it's Civs fault.  :)

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 06:06:29 PM »
I've always been a Civ fanboy but I too have trouble getting into VI.   I chalk it up to too much going on but then somehow find the time to play other things so I just think it's Civs fault.  :)

-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

Offline joram

• Equites
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 09:07:08 AM »
Lol.

Offline RommelFox

• Hoplite
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 09:34:14 AM »

I'm a Civ fan but I've been hesitant over VI.  I liked some things about V, but the fact that V was so limiting on the number of cities you can build really killed it for me.  I know VI has the districts, so maybe that feeling of only a small handful of cities is somewhat alleviated?

I've also hear the ai is pretty bad?

Civ III and IV are my current favorites of the series.

Offline MetalDog

• GrogHeads Mods
  • Arquebusier
  • Central Scrutinizer
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 06:25:17 PM »
Did someone say they liked Civ IV?
Come inside and vote on the latest music bracket!  Going to attempt to come up with one song to rule them all from 1960 to 1999.  Next up:

1998 Final 4

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=21158.0

Offline bbmike

• Crossbowman
    • AAR Central
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 06:33:47 PM »
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

Offline Gusington

• The Pantsless Horseman
  • Global Moderator
  • Musketeer
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 06:41:54 PM »
I loved Civ V but the cartoony look of VI I still what turns me off.
"I like to educate while I humiliate."

- mirth