Author Topic: Lock n Load's Battles on Demand series  (Read 169 times)

Offline Crossroads

• Viking
  • Gott Mit Uns! - Breitenfeld 1631
Lock n Load's Battles on Demand series
« on: November 12, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »
Anyone tried these out yet? https://store.lnlpublishing.com/series/battles-on-demand-series

I'd like to order Against the Odds, but I don't really understand how they come together.

There's the download version available at a discount, but I'd rather have a full readily playable game, with map sheets and counters there, with no need to print anything out myself.

Is that what the full price set includes?
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
-------------------------
CS: Vietnam | CS: East Front 1939-1941 - In The Works
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 Coming Soon
CS:ME AARs Playing turn 9/(15) now: "High Water Mark" (Syria, 12 Oct 1973) Me vs Berto | "Riptide" (Libya; 6 Aug 1985) Me vs Berto | "The Crossroads" (West Bank; 5 June 1967)  Me vs Berto | "Into Africa!" (Egypt; 17 Oct 1973) Me vs Berto

Offline Crossroads

• Viking
Re: Lock n Load's Battles on Demand series
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:48:47 AM »
I knew I saw this somewhere, it was in the What's on your table thread

Just arrived...

So looks the real thing! @BanzaiCat have you opened it (Against The Odds) yet? Full little game, is it? Pictures please   O:-)

Damn but Wing And A Prayer looks awesome (too). LnL's really putting some gorgeous games together  :smitten:
CS:ME AARs Playing turn 9/(15) now: "High Water Mark" (Syria, 12 Oct 1973) Me vs Berto | "Riptide" (Libya; 6 Aug 1985) Me vs Berto | "The Crossroads" (West Bank; 5 June 1967)  Me vs Berto | "Into Africa!" (Egypt; 17 Oct 1973) Me vs Berto

Offline BanzaiCat

• Arquebusier
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 09:58:10 AM »
Yup, I've got some pics taken of it - I just need to put it into an article.

When I first opened it I was pretty confused - I didn't know LnL did print-n-play type games where you have to mount it yourself.

I'm wrapping up a review of A Wing And A Prayer and a few other things but this unboxing is on my to do list before Thanksgiving.

Offline Crossroads

• Viking
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 10:03:27 AM »
Yup, I've got some pics taken of it - I just need to put it into an article.

When I first opened it I was pretty confused - I didn't know LnL did print-n-play type games where you have to mount it yourself.

I'm wrapping up a review of A Wing And A Prayer and a few other things but this unboxing is on my to do list before Thanksgiving.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing them. As for the game, so not a cardboard thing, but sticker style sheets instead?

Offline BanzaiCat

• Arquebusier
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 10:47:24 AM »
It's not sticker-style; you have to mount it yourself.

There's a couple of cardboard sheets included but if I remember right there's at least three pages of sheets (but only two cardboard sheets). So, I'm not sure if those inserts were meant to be reinforcement (as it comes in a zip bag), or if they were intended to use as a backing for he sheets - or both. You'd need to use your own adhesive and then cut them out.

If you don't have a rotary cutter, I'd recommend using one of those.

Offline Crossroads

• Viking
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 10:57:11 AM »
It's not sticker-style; you have to mount it yourself.

There's a couple of cardboard sheets included but if I remember right there's at least three pages of sheets (but only two cardboard sheets). So, I'm not sure if those inserts were meant to be reinforcement (as it comes in a zip bag), or if they were intended to use as a backing for he sheets - or both. You'd need to use your own adhesive and then cut them out.

If you don't have a rotary cutter, I'd recommend using one of those.

OK, maybe I'll wait to see your posts about unpacking it before ordering myself. I was looking towards proper counters especially, would not have minded thinner map sheets. 

As for rotary cutters, yes, bought a set a while ago.

So maybe i need to order this regardless the fact that I was looking forward receiving a mounted game.

Edit: To give the rotary cutters their true baptism of fire, that is   :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:35:27 AM by Crossroads »

Offline Crossroads

• Viking
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 09:36:21 AM »

So maybe i need to order this regardless the fact that I was looking forward receiving a mounted game.

It is Platoon scale, it is Golan Heights 1973, it is an order placed  :smitten:

I'll make a post of putting it together, once I got it.

Offline BanzaiCat

• Arquebusier
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 01:34:51 PM »
I had a feeling you'd be someone to order it before you see an article / unboxing on it.  O0

You'll go far at GrogHeads. We're a bunch of game enablers.

Offline Crossroads

• Viking
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 09:03:13 AM »
I had a feeling you'd be someone to order it before you see an article / unboxing on it.  O0

Couldn't pass on this one, that's true.

I am really looking towards the When the Lion Roars of the WaW´85 fame. Still not even at a pre-order stage, but this should help me pass at least some of the time, in the meanwhile.

You'll go far at GrogHeads. We're a bunch of game enablers.

O:-)