mixed reality,"MR" better than VR,its Hybred VR + AR £400

Started by gameleaper, October 29, 2017, 12:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

I had opportunity to look at a mixed reality headset yesterday, my brothers friend wanted help setting it up, it was super simple plug it in and it all installed like velvet, except the windows update took an hour, it was just one click to install the whole thing. then I found everthing is controlled from the room your are in like 360 videos games app etc.. no need to try and set anything up, its all one place, the headset was light and easy to wear, the front lifted up like a visor so you can scratch your nose. the amazing thing was I slumed on a louger to use it because there are no sensors needed it uses cameras in the headset to track your head, now this was supprising you could adjust your position in the virtual world with your head but also with a joypad, so the 360 videos you could quickly turn to face behind you without physically turning round very good thing it worked out great. now the steamVR is supported so all your steam vr games etc are going to work, BUT they don't yet, the steam interface has not been released but it will be soon its on early access in steam but you cant donload yet. the whole thing was quality and easy and confortable. when steamVR is done this will be an improvement to vr, I think it also will have augmented content in the future as it uses the tech aswell.

gameleaper

PS . its just the same as VR for any thing you want to do, but it has added features to use mixed vr, it also has no sensors lie dowm and play.

gameleaper

The Windows Mixed Reality SteamVR preview allows developers to test and optimize their SteamVR experiences to run on Windows Mixed Reality headsets. This program is currently in an invite-only closed preview while we work with a limited set of developers to uncover stability and performance issues. We will be making the preview available to all consumers on Steam Early Access this holiday season so stay tuned for a broader preview release. If you have not yet joined our developer program and are interested in participating, please sign up at aka.ms/iwantmr.

gameleaper

one of the best things are the MR 360 video Apps, they stream high quality pro made short films and experiences. you can easily see feature films soon if not already maybe.

the screens are pin sharp allowing you to read text easily over normal VR,

gameleaper

PS: last post , there briniging out VENUES , you can attend live events like concerts or sports etc... front row

Destraex

Any sources, demos or videos?
What ever happened to microsofts windows 10 VR mixed reality?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

gameleaper

not sure but I think all MR is Microsoft, I watched some youtube nut none showed how good it was for real.

gameleaper

after another look today, we found "power media player MR" gas a 30 free trial and WoW, this is the first thing you need to do if you get an MR setup, I'm tempted just havnt fot the money.

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

gameleaper

there seems to be MR headsets with motion controllers from a lot of manufacturers , they use the MR system that is microsofts MR, holo is not the same as these new ones, the new ones are pure VR immersion but with holo cameras so we don't need sensors to track headset or controllers. when I used it over the couple of days with the guy, I found it was VR without the hassal of setting up anything, its just on wire. so room scale is easy or sitting on a lounger.

I'm suffering envy now I don't have one, when steamVR arrives it will have hundreds of games. already on steam. but definatly use power media player MR its brilliant.

Jarhead0331

Unless you are seriously on a budget, there is no reason to select MR headsets over currently avaible products, such as the Vive and rift, which are superior in every way. The first gen MR headsets aren't really MR. They are VR, and although they don't require external sensors, which is convenient, they function off of integrated graphics sets.

The Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive have a larger library of games between them, offer a wider field of view (110 degrees compared with 100 degrees, and deliver better image quality overall.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

gameleaper

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/gaming/virtual-reality/lenovo-explorer-mixed-reality-headset-controllers-10169453-pdt.html

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/gaming/virtual-reality/dell-visor-mixed-reality-headset-controllers-10169339-pdt.html

I saw it say 110 fov for MR, what I'm talking about only hit mainstream oct17th with the required update to windows. I'm sorry JH but also you are able to read small text in MR , but you cant so well in VR like rift . I think your out of update info

Windows Mixed Reality combines virtual reality with the real world
110° field of view for captivating immersion
Simple setup with no external sensors
Enjoy VR games from the Windows Store and Steam
Includes Windows Mixed Reality controllers

THIS IS A NEW GAMING SYSYEM, WE SHOULD BE WANTING IT, NOT TRYING TO BE SURE OUR OLD VR IS BETTER, IVE BEEN ON BOTH VR AND MR, AND MR IS BETTER, BUT GAMES ARE THIN(BUT STEAM IS COMING TO MR IN A MATTER OF WEEKS)

they designed the headset like the Playstations, but can flip up too

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

gameleaper

JH , Ive used a rift and a MR, MR are VR but with no sensors. they also have tech that allows you to read small text to allow you to work in VR, the rift and other VR text is blury. its also light weight and PS4 design with a flipup , you can use it comfortably for a long time

You may not understand yet, but you will in the future, because Ive seen it