Run for your FRIDAY with me

Started by MetalDog, August 18, 2017, 06:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

This weekend is pencil and paper D&D, lawn mowing and Civ IV mp in that order.  Ok.  Probably not in that order.  But some semblance of that ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Good tune  O0

I'll be playing out another game of Star Wars:Rebellion with my daughter. I'll also be continuing my career as a DTM Driver in RaceRoomExperience and continuing my career as a bad manager in charge of the Seattle Mariners in OOTP 18

Enjoy your weekend people.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Almost through Dishonored 2 - it's not a bad game but it doesn't grab me the same way the original did.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 18, 2017, 07:59:20 AM
Almost through Dishonored 2 - it's not a bad game but it doesn't grab me the same way the original did.

ARMA III, Attila (with a mod that focuses on Attila's last few campaigns and uses the Charlemagne map at 2 week intervals), GAVEITEAM Tunisia, CLoD...lots of stuff!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Last weekend studying War in the East, this weekend learning to play War in the West and next weekend I will have a go at War in the Pacific  (so I am tired of wargames when Battlestar Galactica releases).

Not much of a summer here so I might as well do now what I planned on doing in the winter.

Rayfer

Quote from: Pete Dero on August 18, 2017, 08:15:08 AM
Last weekend studying War in the East, this weekend learning to play War in the West and next weekend I will have a go at War in the Pacific  (so I am tired of wargames when Battlestar Galactica releases).

Not much of a summer here so I might as well do now what I planned on doing in the winter.

Just curious...where are you at PD?

Pete Dero

Quote from: Rayfer on August 18, 2017, 08:41:15 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on August 18, 2017, 08:15:08 AM

Just curious...where are you at PD?

Belgium, 15k from Brussels.

CJReich46

Well off today, just trying to get some motivation.

Back to work tomorrow 8-12pm, no biggie as I say.  :uglystupid2:

Yesterday being GenCon, there was a release for Android/ iOS  from a developer named Meta Arcade: Tunnels and Trolls Adventures. It's free, it's just Naked Doom, Buffalo Castle and a few mini adventures and a nice tutorial, but there will be more plus an editor module.  What I like is you get to start with Naked Doom, and then if you want to play the others you can buy the module with gems (yeah it's a bit fee based) BUT you can try your luck with one for just one heart. They give you some hearts to start so its not a major deal.  I managed to get through Buffalo Castle on my first try (even dodged a stampede!). You also can create your own character or use the pre-rolled ones.

Maybe looking at that board game sale on Matrix/Slitherine.  There's a few that have been on my interested list.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Toonces

I'd like to start trying to get into Scourge of War: Waterloo, but certainly some sort of SoW title.

Continue my Game of Thrones RPG adventure; I just started the Alester portion.

Finally, depending on the drinking status, perhaps some CK2.  For some reason CK2 just doesn't grab me as much sober.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Toonces, hit me up on Steamchat; I can help you on SoW:Waterloo. (I've got Gettysburg, too, but the UI is a bit different.)

I play with Asid and some other Europeans occasionally; they have matches regularly on Wed and Fri afternoons, but they tend to start earlier than I can feasibly be home from work. He'll occasionally run a mp game more for us Americans, where Tuna and TacWargamer and I get involved, too, on Sat afternoons.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

PBEM turns for CMBN, CSME, and WITE and something else i'm sure, maybe Airship Dragoon, How to Survive 2, Titan Quest Anniversary Edition.....something survival also....PAMELA, 7DTD or Subnautica.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Let's see....

0.) My campaign with W8 and Tuna in Alea Jacta Est has sort of self-destructed due to some weird corruption in my save files. So no more of that, I suppose.  :'(

1.) Barth should be back this afternoon, so I expect to be either winning our forum game of Time of Crisis (set up by AzTank) very soon, or being absolutely curbstomped out of existence over the next few days.  :bd: :hide:

2.) Theoretically with Barth back, we may be getting into Turn 9 of our DC:Blitz game, too -- though no doubt later than sooner.

3.) Been teaching various people how to play Dawn of War: Soulstorm recently, and hopefully that will continue this weekend. What's even more likely, is ganging up with my primary co-player to discover all the extra goodies in the newest build of the ultra-fan-mod Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: New Factions which we managed to get running last night. His Necrons and my Space Marines looked like we were going to push slowly through a team of two Tyrannid AIs, but even with their unit-cap halved or thirded they came back in the late game and crushed us. It was a glorious loss!  :notworthy: Also, my first game DoW game ever against the Nids. (I don't usually play Space Marines, but they're generally the best team to learn new game builds on.)

In related news: it isn't that I want DoW3 to fail, but frankly DoW:SS:UA:THB:NF:BBQ(tm)(r) just crushes it for gameplay value.

4.) I've been trying to help some people learn how to play Steel Division, too, but dang if Paradox / Eugen have been making that difficult, with their game server troubles.  #:-)

5.) Been catching up on Magic Duels, too. Why that game allows only 50 decks is beyond me, considering that the deckbuilding code could easily handle thousands of decks.  L:-)

6.) ...uh, looking into my next video project, not sure what it'll be yet. Was going to do a video AAR of the ToC multiplayer, but I feel like we've done well enough already in the thread.

7.) ...anyone want to do another COIN forum game? I can do a 'host' like last time. http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=18567.0

8.) Crap, forgot I was going to set up a CM: Red Thunder PBEM game with Ysk! So, add that.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on August 18, 2017, 08:13:37 AM
What's that Attila mod's name?

Aetilius versus Attila.  I'm playing the Visigoths since the Romans have lots of problems (as of course maybe they did in reality).

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd