Author Topic: Avengers: Infinity War  (Read 10972 times)

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
Re: Avengers: Infinity War
« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2018, 10:59:59 AM »
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for walkie-talkies in 1809.....
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2018, 11:02:08 AM »
Woot! Spared!
 \m/
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

I'm not a drunk, I'm just Canadian - Shawn Germain

Offline mirth

• Tercio
  • Cardboard Harlot
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can’t ‘un’ until you ‘pre’, son." - Gus

Offline bayonetbrant

• Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline mirth

• Tercio
  • Cardboard Harlot
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Offline OJsDad

• Crossbowman
  • Fighting for Oppressed Individualism
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2018, 11:21:17 AM »
Spared!!

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2018, 07:57:05 PM »
OBVIOUSLY SPARED!

(Because Thanos is a fictional character and I'm still here and I'm not gonna click on a sketchy link to check a 50/50 dice ro........
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Sir Slash

• Longbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2018, 09:26:23 PM »
I survived Thanos but unfortunately the guy who was driving the car I was in at the time didn't so I died anyway. Bummer!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline mirth

• Tercio
  • Cardboard Harlot

Offline bayonetbrant

• Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent

Offline Sir Slash

• Longbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2018, 10:51:39 AM »
Hollywood's morality is unshakable.... unless it threatens their profitability. Then it's optional.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline bayonetbrant

• Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2018, 11:03:02 AM »
Hollywood's morality is unshakable.... unless it threatens their profitability. Then it's optional.

Isn't that true pretty much anywhere?

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for walkie-talkies in 1809.....
« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2018, 12:16:51 PM »
They are all gettin lots of free pub anyway....  ::)
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

I'm not a drunk, I'm just Canadian - Shawn Germain

Offline jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2018, 02:04:19 PM »

Isn't that true pretty much anywhere?

Yes.
Insert witty comment here.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/09/marvel-disney-james-gunn-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-rehired/

Despite the address-title, he hasn't been rehired yet. It's more of an unsubtantiated rumor that they're trying to rehire him secretly.

"Nobody is talking about it, but sources said that back channel conversations are taking place between Marvel Studios and Disney," Deadline reports. "Sources said the Marvel contingent is trying to persuade Disney to explore a compromise that might bring Gunn back into the fold for Guardians 3, something that clearly would be best for the franchise. There is no clash or strong arming here."

It's too bad, because I bet myself a Coke they'll eventually rehire him, and so I don't get a Coke yet.  ::)

(I'm good either way, rehire or not. Some of those many, many spicy tweets went beyond being spicy. But he seems to have matured into his opportunity, so to speak, and the cast support lends some weight toward that, too.)
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.