Author Topic: Table Top Simulator: Forbidden Stars university!  (Read 693 times)

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
Table Top Simulator: Forbidden Stars university!
« on: July 11, 2017, 07:41:03 PM »
Hi folks,

Over at the Table Top Simulator identify yourself thread there was discussion on playing Forbidden Stars.  I've come here to this forgotten area to invite up to 3 people to join me in a let's play Forbidden Stars and learn how to play.  If you are interested post here. 

I plan on either using the in Steam voice chat option.  I also use Discord so friend me there if you use Discord as well.  My username on Discord is W8taminute #4522
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:28:10 AM by W8taminute »

Online JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: Table Top Simulator: Forbidden Stars university!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 08:06:08 PM »
Whoops, needs your 4 digit tag so Discord knows which one you are!

Steam chat is fine with me, tho. I just happen to have Discord so I figured I might as well. (Kushan does, too, if he wants to learn.)
GROGS OF CRISIS -- a four-player mp of GMT's boardgame Time of Crisis, set in the decades before Diocletian.

Me vs Barth -- DC1: Blitz

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Online JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 08:09:54 PM »
Also, I call the Tau.

If the expanded factions aren't available, I'll call the Eldar and be the squishie elves.

(Standard factions are Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar, and Orks. I think. Expanded factions should include Tyranids, Imperial Guard, Tau, and Necrons.)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:11:32 PM by JasonPratt »
GROGS OF CRISIS -- a four-player mp of GMT's boardgame Time of Crisis, set in the decades before Diocletian.

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline PanzersEast

• Condottieri
  • IMPERIUM INVICTUS
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 08:14:54 PM »
I'm in, death to heretics......

Online JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 07:05:42 AM »
Chaos: "YOU SHALL DIE BY TRAITOR HANDS!"

Me, playing as the Necrons, at least once a match: "You shall die by trapdoor hands."

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 09:27:51 AM »
Whoops, needs your 4 digit tag so Discord knows which one you are!

Steam chat is fine with me, tho. I just happen to have Discord so I figured I might as well. (Kushan does, too, if he wants to learn.)

Ooops you're right.  Here is my username and 4 digit code:  W8taminute#4522

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 09:29:34 AM »
Also, I call the Tau.

If the expanded factions aren't available, I'll call the Eldar and be the squishie elves.

(Standard factions are Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar, and Orks. I think. Expanded factions should include Tyranids, Imperial Guard, Tau, and Necrons.)

Oh I didn't know there was an expansion to the game.  The version I have on TTS only has the standard factions i.e. Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar, and Orks.  I'll look at the Steam Workshop to see if there are expansion races we can add.

Online JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 10:03:25 AM »
There are indeed! -- a 6-player map and two or four other factions.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 11:26:03 AM »
There are indeed! -- a 6-player map and two or four other factions.

Found it!   :)

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 01:41:27 PM »
Doesn't TTS have built-in Voice? 

I saw the PTT hotkey in-game, along with some options. 

I don't have Discord.  It's just another VOIP client? 

Anyway.. I'd like to jump in, if there is room.  Not too picky about faction although I'd take Chaos->Eldar->Tau->Orks->Necron,  in that order of preference.

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 02:35:57 PM »
Hi Nefaro,

Last night Jason and I tried out Steam voice chat and were successfully able to communicate in that fashion.  We had a good educational run through of the game.  Nice thing about Steam chat is all you need is a headset and microphone.  We could use that. 

Feel free to message me in Steam if you are online at the same time I am.  I will happily stop whatever I might be doing and go over the game mechanics with you.  I'm usually online in the evenings during the week from 6pm onwards (GMT-5 timezone).

Online JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 04:09:11 PM »
We forgot to test whether the TTS voice chat worked. I don't recall seeing it in the help menu, but I've heard TTS has it.  ???

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 07:35:58 PM »
Hi Nefaro,

Last night Jason and I tried out Steam voice chat and were successfully able to communicate in that fashion.  We had a good educational run through of the game.  Nice thing about Steam chat is all you need is a headset and microphone.  We could use that. 

Feel free to message me in Steam if you are online at the same time I am.  I will happily stop whatever I might be doing and go over the game mechanics with you.  I'm usually online in the evenings during the week from 6pm onwards (GMT-5 timezone).

Wonder if we will have more victims volunteers joining us. 

I can wait for any others who may need a rules primer along with me.  Supposing I'm the only one who needs it right now.

Are we currently at four people?

Offline W8taminute

• Landsknecht
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 10:11:13 PM »
^No we just need one more player though!  Correction; we have 4 players!

We have:

Jason - Tau
Nefaro - Chaos
PanzEast - Space Marines
W8taminute - Orks (just called it now but if the fourth player would rather have them I'll pick another faction)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:27:29 PM by W8taminute »

Online JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 05:07:05 AM »
Didn't PanzEast go for the Space Marines earlier?