Author Topic: Field of Glory II  (Read 37843 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
Re: Field of Glory II
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 07:38:14 AM »
Just so there is no confusion to new-comers..."Field of Glory II" is a totally different game and has absolutely nothing to do with the old "Fields of Glory". The Field of Glory series is a flexible turn-based strategy game based on a desk-top miniatures system.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline Raied

• Equites
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 02:14:03 PM »
Just so there is no confusion to new-comers..."Field of Glory II" is a totally different game and has absolutely nothing to do with the old "Fields of Glory". The Field of Glory series is a flexible turn-based strategy game based on a desk-top miniatures system.

Thats true, FOG 2 will be a continuation of P&S and SJ set up in Roman era, for me this is a good thing.

Offline Micha

• Equites
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 01:49:53 AM »
I must confess i made bad experience with pike and shoot. Even though i have playd in the lowest level i lost almost all games. I have practiced almost 2 years without sucess. Never had this problem with any other game. Have the fear FOG 2 will be the same hard nut.

Offline jomni

• Landsknecht
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 03:01:37 AM »
I must confess i made bad experience with pike and shoot. Even though i have playd in the lowest level i lost almost all games. I have practiced almost 2 years without sucess. Never had this problem with any other game. Have the fear FOG 2 will be the same hard nut.

Maybe need some advice on the rules and system.  Anything you need help on?

Offline Micha

• Equites
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2017, 03:34:59 AM »
Thank you for the offer, had help from different players without sucess. But maybe the problem is on me, i"m a nativ Panzergeneral player and PS is a different thing. However, i dont touch this game anymore. In anyway, a stratgame without hexfields felt always a little strange to me.
But despite all i whish your sengoku game, PS and also Field of glory 2 sucess and a lot off copys to sell.

Offline Micha

• Equites
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2017, 04:41:48 AM »
Thank you for the offer, had help from different players without sucess. But maybe the problem is on me, i"m a nativ Panzergeneral player and PS is a different thing. However, i dont touch this game anymore. In anyway, a stratgame without hexfields felt always a little strange to me.

By the way, just an idea. In peoples general we had some designers which created very hard , almost unplayable campaigns. Thats why a programmer mad a tool to give all units at once easely more power to give beginners a chance to win this campaigns. Maybe its possible to create such a tool for PS. As i said, just an idea.

Offline jomni

• Landsknecht
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 05:27:27 AM »

By the way, just an idea. In peoples general we had some designers which created very hard , almost unplayable campaigns. Thats why a programmer mad a tool to give all units at once easely more power to give beginners a chance to win this campaigns. Maybe its possible to create such a tool for PS. As i said, just an idea.

You can use the editor. :)

Offline Micha

• Equites
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 05:55:08 AM »
I know, but its always a lot of work and you must try many times to find the rigth ballance. Ok my friend the idea was only for other people not for me. Ok lets stop the discussion, my best whishes for your games.

Offline Tpek

• Condottieri
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 10:35:28 AM »
If only they'd finally put proper Hotseat and MP options, instead of being forced to use their silly PBEM system in an awkward way.

Offline Raied

• Equites
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 12:02:14 PM »
If only they'd finally put proper Hotseat and MP options, instead of being forced to use their silly PBEM system in an awkward way.

Hotseat is must for such a game, but for me I still need the PBEM system and I guess many would like it to be there as well, the time difference and little time to play make it difficult to play multiplayer in real time for long period, PBEM made me play a lot of multiplayer games without to be worried about those issues.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 02:49:10 AM »
Will this be DLC galore like the first title? I never jumped in cause I was late to the party and getting all the stuff turned out to be a much higher investment than what I was willing to pay.
Goodwill's Grogheads Battletech Campaign GM
"I'd prefer to make my own rolls whenever possible, but running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 02:59:48 PM »
Will this be DLC galore like the first title? I never jumped in cause I was late to the party and getting all the stuff turned out to be a much higher investment than what I was willing to pay.

The AI wasn't all that challenging in the first one. 

Then the pricey DLC started landing...

I enjoyed the original FOG, despite complaints.  But the very costly DLCs broke my will to continue.

I'm sure this new version, using this more successful engine, will be more to my liking... and hopefully more affordable in the long run.

Offline jomni

• Landsknecht
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2017, 07:06:26 PM »
Even if you don't get the DLCs, the community might be able to add new armies and scenarios for free.
The engine is moddable compared to the original FoG Digital.

Offline WargamerJoe

• Equites
    • The Wargamer
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2017, 09:24:58 AM »
Lots of new Field of Glory II screens, if anyone is interested:

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2278/Field.of.Glory.2.Reveals.new.Screenshots!
Editor-in-Chief
Network N

www.wargamer.com
www.pockettactics.com
www.strategygamer.com

"Determining the appropriate level of interference in somebody else's war is never a simple matter." - Special Circumstances

Offline Sir Slash

• Longbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2017, 09:48:23 AM »
That looks 'Loin-Moistening' to me.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.