Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock coming this summer!  (Read 10383 times)

Offline Anguille

• Man-at-Arms
  • Above and Beyond
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock coming this summer!
« on: May 16, 2017, 06:32:48 AM »
Another game i have to buy...oh boy..

http://www.slitherine.com/bsgdeadlock
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:34:34 AM by Anguille »
My all time favorite games:
Master of Orion, Civil War II: Generals,  Armada 2526 Supernova, Star Trek: Birth of the Federation, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Imperium Galactica I, Conquest: Frontier Wars, Master of Orion III, Spartan, Civilization III, Knights of Honor, Takeda 2 and 3, Horizon, Master of Orion Conquer the stars.

Favorite games by Haemimont:
Rising Kingdoms, Omerta: city of gangsters, Celtic Kings: Punic Wars, Glory of the Roman Empire, Imperium Romanum and Grand Ages: Rome

Online undercovergeek

• Arquebusier
Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock coming this summer!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 06:38:46 AM »
I say - that's a wallet twitcher

Offline mirth

• Little Bo Beep
  • Musketeer
  • Cardboard Harlot
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 06:48:53 AM »
That looks like a must buy.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"We're so fooked." - me

Offline Shelldrake

• Man-at-Arms
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 06:53:39 AM »
Looks like a lot of fun - hope I get invited for the beta!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Offline WargamerJoe

• Equites
    • The Wargamer
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 06:57:55 AM »
If you guys liked Star Hammer it's being made by the same studio, so play that and you get a rough idea what to expect. They've iterated on and improved the engine since then, of course.

Found out about this a while ago but been unable to say anything - it looks pretty sweet.
Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer Ltd.

www.wargamer.com
www.pockettactics.com
www.strategygamer.com

"Determining the appropriate level of interference in somebody else's war is never a simple matter." - Special Circumstances

Offline Destraex

• Viking
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 07:07:38 AM »
I love WEGO!!! I love Battlestar, especially the new one!
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for dark matter in deep, dark holes....
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 07:21:58 AM »
Intense tactical space battles in full 3D. Give commands to your fleet of capital ships and watch the explosive results play out in pause-able real-time across beautiful, 4k supported environments.

When did "pause-able real-time" become "WEGO"?  ???
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 07:24:02 AM »
If both sides can pause and both have to agree to unpause, then it might as well be WEGO?
GROGS OF CRISIS -- a four-player mp of GMT's boardgame Time of Crisis, set in the decades before Diocletian.

Me vs Barth -- DC1: Blitz

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Sir Slash

• Crossbowman
  • Co Butt-Kicker-For-Goodness of Minsc and Boo
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 07:41:47 AM »
That looks 'frakkin' awesome.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Longbowman
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 07:45:40 AM »
If you guys liked Star Hammer it's being made by the same studio, so play that and you get a rough idea what to expect. They've iterated on and improved the engine since then, of course.

Found out about this a while ago but been unable to say anything - it looks pretty sweet.

That is bad news in my opinion. Star Hammer had potential, but ultimately fell flat. Hopefully, this title will have more going for it other than its IP.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Offline WargamerJoe

• Equites
    • The Wargamer
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 07:51:52 AM »
Intense tactical space battles in full 3D. Give commands to your fleet of capital ships and watch the explosive results play out in pause-able real-time across beautiful, 4k supported environments.

It's not. I believe this might have been a slight mis-communication as they try and make 'WEGO' more undestandable to a wider audience.

It's a WEGO game - you give orders, and then the game resolves them (in real-time) in fixed chunks of time. "Pause-able Real-Time" implies to me you have control as to when you pause to issue orders, a la BFG: Armada.

You have no control here - the amount of time that plays out after issuing an order is fixed, just like in Star Hammer. In that game, you issue orders to your ships every 7 or so seconds when the game pauses.

I see it as a turn-based game that just has real-time order resolution.
Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer Ltd.

www.wargamer.com
www.pockettactics.com
www.strategygamer.com

"Determining the appropriate level of interference in somebody else's war is never a simple matter." - Special Circumstances

Offline WargamerJoe

• Equites
    • The Wargamer
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 07:52:23 AM »

That is bad news in my opinion. Star Hammer had potential, but ultimately fell flat. Hopefully, this title will have more going for it other than its IP.

What didn't you like about Star Hammer?
Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer Ltd.

www.wargamer.com
www.pockettactics.com
www.strategygamer.com

Offline Barthheart

• Order of the Square Button
  • Arquebusier
  • Looking for dark matter in deep, dark holes....
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 08:03:22 AM »

It's not. I believe this might have been a slight mis-communication as they try and make 'WEGO' more undestandable to a wider audience.

It's a WEGO game - you give orders, and then the game resolves them (in real-time) in fixed chunks of time. "Pause-able Real-Time" implies to me you have control as to when you pause to issue orders, a la BFG: Armada.

You have no control here - the amount of time that plays out after issuing an order is fixed, just like in Star Hammer. In that game, you issue orders to your ships every 7 or so seconds when the game pauses.

I see it as a turn-based game that just has real-time order resolution.

So it's real WEGO. Great!
 Thanks for the info.
 O0
PETS - People for the Ethical Treatment of Square corners

Offline Grimnirsson

• Viking
    • Homefront Wargame Center
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 09:35:56 AM »
Real WEGO and Galactica theme...also on consoles...that sounds great. But I know there were some games published by Slitherine on consoles and I don't remember good reviews. Hm, we'll have to wait and see.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Offline Steelgrave

• Sgt-at-Arms
  • Global Moderator
  • Blunderbuster
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 09:39:57 AM »
Definitely on my radar at least. Let's see what comes out of the oven.
"Nice job, Steelie. I think you've offended everyone in this thread"  O0  .......Mirth

"When you die, may Hugh Hefner's life pass before your eyes"....traditional Irish blessing