Author Topic: Old Star Craft now free. Remastered version coming soon.  (Read 418 times)

Offline jomni

• Landsknecht

Offline mirth

• Admiral of the Douche-Canoe Navy
  • Musketeer
  • What did you do, Ray?
Re: Old Star Craft now free. Remastered version coming soon.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:00:26 PM »
Cool. Thanks!
"Everything's better with apple cider vinegar and a squeaky clean urethra." - Gus

Offline Destraex

• Viking
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 07:19:32 PM »
I have finished the campaign in the first part. But as for the game. Glorified tower defence. Pure rock paper scissors and clicks per second gameplay at it's finest.
Still a bit of fun every now and then but to compete you need to get your act down to a fine art.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Offline Greybriar

• Condottieri
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:02:40 AM »
Get the game here.
https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20674424

That's great news! Thanks for the heads-up, Jomni. O0

Playing as the Humans, I had the best luck concentrating on Battle Cruisers (be sure to research The Yamato Gun!). Battle Cruisers are vulnerable to several types of attacks but if a player can build enough of them, winning is a certainty.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 02:32:09 PM »
I have finished the campaign in the first part. But as for the game. Glorified tower defence.

...considering that tower defense games either didn't exist at the time or barely registered (I recall none until several years later, maybe 10+ years), I will announce that this comment makes me feel old. Thank you.
JRP vs JRP vs JRP vs -- the GMT boardgame CHURCHILL

Me vs Barth -- DC1: Blitz

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.