She pulls the eyes out with a face like a FRI-DAY

Started by MetalDog, February 24, 2017, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Tomorrow night is good old fashioned p&p D&D.  We're coming to the final battle.  Our heroes have been captured by the bad guys lieutenant, who is taking them to the boss.  There's still time for a rescue/escape, but we'll see how resourceful they are.

As for any digital gaming, it'll be some combination of Civ and Medieval 2: TW.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Another great tune MD.  O0

More PBEM Labyrinth with SDR.... damn Terrorists keep toppling governments....  :knuppel2:
More PBEM Flashpoint Campaigns: Reforged with OJsDad... Red Tide starting to wash over the Yanks.  \m/

More solo gaming with my new copy of GMT's Grand Prix. Fun game.

Impatiently waiting for new patch for Civ VI to come out...maybe a couple of weeks yet.... :pullhair:  EDIT - Huh.. it's been released!  <:-) So more Civ VI this weekend.

Maybe try some more World of Warships just to make Tuna happy.  ;)

Jarhead0331

Going into the mountains this weekend so more shooting than gaming. Tonight though, probably some Ghost Recon Wildlands, Syrian Warfare and Galaxy at War.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Quote from: Barthheart on February 24, 2017, 07:42:58 AM

I'm slowly getting my collection up to Tier 4, btw.  O0

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 24, 2017, 08:13:20 AM
Going into the mountains this weekend so more shooting than gaming. Tonight though, probably some Ghost Recon Wildlands...

Wait, is that out? I thought it wasn't until March!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

...oh, wow, the beta reviews are almost uniformly poison. Ouch. Glad I haven't pre-ordered.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

Looking forward to getting back into HoI4 with the new patch.
MD....thanks for the return to listenable (is that even a word?) music.

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 08:46:24 AM

Barth didn't give it much a try! I feel bad baby seal killing but we need to bring new blood into the fold!

Nef, you should've seen the game we were in last night.. We were up 900-300 all three caps.. Jason and I died getting us there.. we had Five healthy ships compared to their three. The buggers lost it!, It was like the Patriots Superbowl all over!.. Torp in the final second lost the game! Even though we were on the losing end, it was hilarious to watch.

Gusington

Soviet Corps (Stalingrad scenario), Battle Academy 2 (Kursk German campaign) and Sniper Eilte 2. Also, Dishonored 2 is on sale ~28.00 this weekend so I am going to jump on that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on February 24, 2017, 09:32:44 AM

Barth didn't give it much a try! I feel bad baby seal killing but we need to bring new blood into the fold!

Nef, you should've seen the game we were in last night.. We were up 900-300 all three caps.. Jason and I died getting us there.. we had Five healthy ships compared to their three. The buggers lost it!, It was like the Patriots Superbowl all over!.. Torp in the final second lost the game! Even though we were on the losing end, it was hilarious to watch.

It's nearing the weekend now.  There will be even more numerous passive teammates, granted via the matchmaker, losing matches for you.  Despite the valiant efforts of your squad. 
>:D

There's a chance I could drop into Warships this weekend.  Not a guarantee, though.  Still on a digital gaming funk.  Haven't done it a single time since last weekend, and the itch still isn't really there other than the occasional DCS consideration.  Then again, I may have some liquor in me at the end of the evening, changing my capacities for doing much else.

Tuna

Quote from: Nefaro on February 24, 2017, 09:52:57 AM
Quote from: Tuna on February 24, 2017, 09:32:44 AM

It's nearing the weekend now.  There will be even more numerous passive teammates, granted via the matchmaker, losing matches for you.  Despite the valiant efforts of your squad. 
>:D

There's a chance I could drop into Warships this weekend.  Not a guarantee, though.  Still on a digital gaming funk.  Haven't done it a single time since last weekend, and the itch still isn't really there other than the occasional DCS consideration.  Then again, I may have some liquor in me at the end of the evening, changing my capacities for doing much else.

Jason, Panzerde and I are thinking maybe Waterloo tonight.. Get it installed!

Nefaro

Quote from: Tuna on February 24, 2017, 10:01:08 AM

Jason, Panzerde and I are thinking maybe Waterloo tonight.. Get it installed!

It IS installed.  Just haven't been in the mood, as with so many others.

Sir Slash

I'm gonna make a run at finishing-up The White March-- Pillars of Eternity and maybe re-visit my R2TW campaign as the Germans.  \m/
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

Stellaris for me this weekend, I think.  After 10-15 hours of play, I'm still getting the hang of that game (e.g., various interface screens I didn't know existed and haven't used yet, but plan to eventually discover).

So far so good, although (especially for an RTS game) combat has been less exciting than the other parts.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 24, 2017, 08:59:12 AM
...oh, wow, the beta reviews are almost uniformly poison. Ouch. Glad I haven't pre-ordered.

Most of the negativity is anti-ubisoft/uplay nonsense.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

Civilization 6 with the new patch and DLC that just dropped! Also, I will start playtesting Ben Madison's
N: The Napoleonic Wars now that I've created a quick and dirty Vassal module for it. Don't worry, I'll print it out as well. I need to hear dice hitting table.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak