HPS Civil War Games

Started by Rayfer, December 06, 2016, 03:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Does anyone remember the hotkey for speeding up the AI movement phase.....f#, but what #....?   Thanks, Ray

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on December 06, 2016, 03:00:47 PM
Does anyone remember the hotkey for speeding up the AI movement phase.....f#, but what #....?   Thanks, Ray

Isn't it in one of the drop-down menus too?

Boggit

I don't think it is. IIRC, several years ago Rich Hamilton@JTS told me what to do to speed up the AI.

It is a hotkey alt something, IIRC, but really I am very hazy about it now. Anyway it did work perfectly. I suggest you email him, and then post his answer here for the rest of us.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

rwenstrup

Campaign Series has a '2x' button that speeds up AI performance...but I don't know of a similar capability in the Civil War series...

Al

f5 - slow the speed of AI processing
f6 - return AI processing to normal speed
f7 - increase the speed of AI processing
f8 - put the AI in the highest possible processing mode (f6 returns to normal)
Al

Rayfer

Quote from: Al on December 06, 2016, 06:11:49 PM

That's it....thanks!!   :notworthy:

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on December 06, 2016, 04:52:21 PM
I don't think it is. IIRC, several years ago Rich Hamilton@JTS told me what to do to speed up the AI.

I must've been thinking of the HPS Ancient Warfare series.

Boggit

Quote from: Al on December 06, 2016, 06:11:49 PM
Thanks Al. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat