Author Topic: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced  (Read 5509 times)

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2019, 07:43:34 AM »
If you can't convince Jarhead to pre-order a MechWarrior game, ya got some work to do on your end, folks.   8)

More true words have never been spoken, lol. Really. It wouldn't take much.  :coolsmiley:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2019, 08:01:34 AM »
This is...disturbing.
"Grogheads should be the only tribe on this site.

- Besilarius, Community Sage

Offline kludger

• Velites
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2019, 02:16:54 PM »
This does look great but as a MWO legendary founder who spent probably 1000+ hours with MWO and is familiar with the unreliable promises and deliveries of this developer (PGI), color me skeptic on whether the AI will be any good, and whether the beta period will be long enough for them to work out any problems with the AI or missions...

With MWO closed beta, they had really nailed the feel of piloting a mech and it was so fun, but there were clear gameplay balance problems we all reported and they went live anyhow without fixing them and they struggled with delivering balance and features throughout the life of MWO more often focusing on just selling more DLC instead of improving things...

The gameplay trailer looks great, I hope for the best for MW5 and it won't take much for me to bite and dive in, but I've learned not to give them their money until they deliver something good, once they had the money from all of us founders they had no reason to fix anything and launched as soon as possible to get the money from everyone else buying mech pack dlc...

Offline kludger

• Velites
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2019, 09:17:28 AM »
The gameplay trailer looks great, I hope for the best for MW5 and it won't take much for me to bite and dive in, but I've learned not to give them their money until they deliver something good, once they had the money from all of us founders they had no reason to fix anything and launched as soon as possible to get the money from everyone else buying mech pack dlc...

I have to post a caveat followup and eat a bit of crow, I hadn't played MWO since 2016, but I returned to it to get warmed up for MW5, and I've been having a bunch of fun, and so the caveat is that if you enjoy MWO *and* you are a founder, the preorder of MW5 for $50 also gives you $100 of MWO MC credits, and a preorder of the Marauder II in MWO.

So for me, for how much I've been enjoying MWO the last few weeks and being a founder, the value of the preorder MWO credits was definitely worth it and I have pre-ordered and won't be regretting that even if MW5 lauches in a poor state and then needs modding to fix it, meantime I'm enjoying MWO with a bunch of fun hero mechs I hadn't been able to experience before, and will keep enjoying until they get around to doing PVP for MW5 (MWO2?)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 09:20:51 AM by kludger »