Author Topic: [closed]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !  (Read 17297 times)

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
    • Visit my blog: Yassy HQ for various things combat simulation.
Re: Let's try again: A new poke at Dom 4?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 01:06:24 AM »
So, will this be a 2v2v2 or humans against AI? Or human teams vs one AI blob or human ffa against AI teams? The options are legion!  L:-)
"(...) running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: [recruiting]Dom 4 Christmas 2016 !
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 02:09:14 PM »
I'd be fine with six humans on a team vs all remaining AI, maybe divided into roughly equal-size teams.
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Strategic Werewolf Axe-chopping Simulator video AAR!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Nefaro

• Arquebusier
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 06:12:24 PM »
I'd be up for another Dominions game.   :bd:

Thought the last one I participated in (Dom 3) ended too prematurely.   :'(  Was the only one I'd been in, so I'm curious to see how an MP game ultimately turns out.

Offline Beowulf

• Velites
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 08:17:42 AM »
I'd be fine with compstomp as well. I mean all human team vs equal size AI team.
But I'm fine with any of the aforementioned suggestions, if they are the preferred options.

Let's just get the game going :)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 02:55:42 PM »
Heck I'd be fine with the other kind of comstomp, with the AI team outnumbering us! (Though I'd rather have multiple AI teams against us and each other.)
Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 01:09:50 PM »
Ok ok I hear you guys: the message is to just get on wih it!  8)
I will propose something tomorrow and if you guys like it I will setup Llamaserver right away so we can get on with building our Pretender Gods.

Keep an eye on the original post in this thread.
"(...) running a group thing online can be a little like herding cats :P" - mirth

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2016, 04:11:42 AM »
Original post updated, please report in.

Offline mkivcs

• Velites
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2016, 05:11:35 AM »
Random nation sounds in the spirit of the game but equally happy to choose if others want too.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2016, 09:48:32 AM »
The main problem with a random nation is that players often design pretenders to work with a specific faction.

Not that this will bother me; just pointing it out to remind players of implications: if you choose to go random, build a pretender who can work with anything.

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »
Hmm thats a good point, Jason.

Better to just choose one. It also prevents you ending up with a water nation.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2016, 04:19:58 PM »
Hmm thats a good point, Jason.

Better to just choose one. It also prevents you ending up with a water nation unbeatable faction whose pretender cannot breathe water.

Fixed.  >:D

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2016, 04:23:30 PM »
Hm, downloading my Gamersgate copy -- not a Steam code this time. Patches will be manual.  :P

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2016, 04:33:06 PM »
Okay, are we going with Disciples to a king-pretender, or are we all basically teaming independently (so that we may accidentally incur friendly-fire effects)?

This makes a difference in what kind of pretender we need to make: a pretender; a pretender who will have disciples; or a disciple.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 04:44:21 PM »
Meanwhile, I'll take Caelum.  :bd:

Offline Yskonyn

• Condottieri
  • The Flying Dutchman
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2016, 04:20:23 PM »
We are talking about teaming up and the only way to enforce it in-game is by going Disciple mode.
We can, however, all take a seperate team and all have full-Pretender Gods, but this will mean that the game will treat us as enemies no matter what kind of agreement we make with eachother here on the forum.
If people are new to this, perhaps its best to just team up in-game to avoid fraticide. :)

mkivcs, Beowulf, Nefaro, jamus34 please state your preferred nations, if any.