Wurm Unlimited, World Of Warcraft type game,sandbox, no subscription

Started by gameleaper, October 21, 2016, 06:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

Wurm Unlimited , is by the makers of Minecraft, it isn't the MMO its a stand alone virtual world where you can do anything you want, build or hunt dragons, or even wage war on other players settlements, the graphics may seem dumbed down, that's because its seemless no transistions over a vast world, you can even build ships to travel to distant land, you can create a server yourself and set world properties like faster building,

if I was you Id watch some youtube on this game

gameleaper

PS: the best thing no subscription charges, you run a server if you want, play alone and hunt dragons, or build a city and open it up to others.

a dedicated sever costs, but its dirt cheap, and you don't need one, just pop in to running ones

gameleaper

Ok just been on my own offline server, it reminded me a lot of World of Warcraft, not nowhere near the graphics of WoW but the vast space and seemless movement and no subscription makes it better for me than WoW. I believe you can set quests in your server etc... I was really feeling like I was RPGing, it seems like exploring is what this games about, the options available are enormouse, I hate it when a game becomes easy too fast with little to learn, this game has tons of stuff going on, the crafting is exceptional.

rss334

gameleaper

does RPG tabletop call itself wargaming, so I'm supposing computer RPG can be termed as a wargame, maybe I'm wrong I don't know. you can wage war PvP in this game.

are you just interested in a certain type of wargame like hex and chit? 

jamus34

Quote from: rss334 on October 21, 2016, 07:45:22 PM
what does this have to do with computer wargaming?

Not to be rude but you come in here with 4 posts and proceed to criticise a long term member of the board?

That's a little cheeky, no?

If you spent some time here you'd realize that this forum covers PC gaming in general.

To stay on topic with has intrigued me in the past but I just don't have to time to commit to these types of games
Insert witty comment here.

rss334

How do you know I did not have another login that I've used for the past year or so but since it would no longer let me sign on and would not send me an email to fix the issue I may have had to create a new account.   Regardless of post count you have no idea how long I've been reading these boards, and what I've noticed lately is the advertising / talking about non war games in the war game section is ruining the boards for some.  There's not many sites that dedicate a forum specific to war games so when you find one it's rare, frankly this one's been going south.  All are entitled to their opinions and that's mine.

Tuna

If you don't like it change the channel. This board is a fine community of many members with various tastes and such. Yes we have our differences in choices in what we like to play. Even had a "Not a Wargame Thread" so we could poke fun at all the  genres. But bottom line is, this is a great community with great members. Left Wargamer.com long ago and never looked back!  O0

acctingman

Quote from: rss334 on October 22, 2016, 10:10:05 AM
How do you know I did not have another login that I've used for the past year or so but since it would no longer let me sign on and would not send me an email to fix the issue I may have had to create a new account.   Regardless of post count you have no idea how long I've been reading these boards, and what I've noticed lately is the advertising / talking about non war games in the war game section is ruining the boards for some.  There's not many sites that dedicate a forum specific to war games so when you find one it's rare, frankly this one's been going south.  All are entitled to their opinions and that's mine.

This is the best war gaming forum around. You don't like it? Leave, but of course, this is just my opinion?  O0

MetalDog

[mod hat on]We certainly appreciate the admiration for the site.  The members are what make it great.  But dissenting opinions are helpful, too.  So let's please express them in a conversational and respectful manner.  Thanks. [/mod hat off]

As any long time reader knows, not staying on topic is kind of a tradition around here.  Maybe not for everyone, but, there it is.  rss334, if you have a previous account that you can longer access, PM BayonetBrant and see if he can help you get back up and running.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

AchillesLastStand

Played Wurm unlimited for a while when it came out. It has zero in common with World of Warcraft  :2funny: but it is a HUGE grind. Its best to find a group and have each person to specialize in a few different skills rather than trying to master everything. Look in the dictionary under grind and sandbox and you will see Wurm.

Steelgrave

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on October 22, 2016, 12:38:33 PM
Played Wurm unlimited for a while when it came out. It has zero in common with World of Warcraft  :2funny: but it is a HUGE grind. Its best to find a group and have each person to specialize in a few different skills rather than trying to master everything. Look in the dictionary under grind and sandbox and you will see Wurm.

I think WoW finally "ground" it all out of me. I have a difficult time playing a game with any kind of grind mechanics to it anymore. It's also what killed World of Tanks for me. Maybe because I'm approaching old-man territory I need more immediate gratification  :))

acctingman

Quote from: Steelgrave on October 22, 2016, 01:11:03 PM

I think WoW finally "ground" it all out of me. I have a difficult time playing a game with any kind of grind mechanics to it anymore. It's also what killed World of Tanks for me. Maybe because I'm approaching old-man territory I need more immediate gratification  :))

+1 for me

I still play wow, but less and less these days.

gameleaper

the Wurm Online was  I believe a grind, but the unlimited version you are able to speed up actions like collecting building etc.. so its less of a grind, but I believe its the satisfaction of building your town brick by brick that is satisfying, but still a grind possibly to some, WoW may of been a bit of a mistake to compare but its the same sort of gameplay maybe, I believe elder scrolls online is probably a good choice for this type of game, but still ESO has in game purchases I don't think is fare if you are competing against people who are buying all the perks, I like wurm because its slow are free after you buy it. I'm sick of button bashing and twitching so I like the grind :)

ArizonaTank

I could never get past the rather old fashioned interface for WURM.  Has that improved?
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.