general quarters software

Started by agathosdaimon, October 21, 2016, 07:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agathosdaimon

Heya

I was surprised to see that there is still a website for GQS http://www.eonweb.com/cybermall/gqs/historic.html

Though it seems to be just some abandoned hulk drifting lifelessly through the black seas of the web, but i am wondering if anyone here at all knows who was GQS and whether any of its games can still be bought anywhere? They had quite a few it seems. Action in the North Atlantic is one that i have really been after

mirth

Holy 1990s website, Batman!

I doubt you're going to find the game anywhere for sale.

It's amazing that those EonWeb sites are still running. That's some old school stuff.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

It's like a Time-Warp back to when I was young ! :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

agathosdaimon

gqs and Simulations Canada - their games seem to be without any physical forms anywhere - when they were made, were they even sold with boxes? Usually a google images search will unearth something but their games there is nothing. my hope was that maybe someone knew the people behind it and or those people are still alive now and on forums somewhere

Pinetree

Wasn't Rob Crandall from OTS part of Simulations Canada?
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

agathosdaimon

agathosdaimon

oh yeah, i remember somethng about sim can coming up in the talk on ethe flashpoint germany/red storm games