Lay down sleep my little FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, October 20, 2016, 10:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Picked up Guitar Hero for the first time in months tonight.  I was average on Hard.  Used to shred Expert pretty regular (all except the REALLY difficult songs).  Love that game for all the great songs and genres it opened my mind to. 

As for gaming, it will probably be light this weekend.  Alabama/Texas A&M is on Saturday afternoon and Sunday is the NFL.  Started off fantasy football Week 7 with Randall Cobb going 11/95/1 with a handful of carries for 21 yards.  I pray that's a sign of the weekend to come.  Any gaming will be some Civ mp and Alea Jacta Est.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

tgb

Civ 6, Stellaris, and Afghanistan '11 if we have a new build for the weekend.

acctingman

Skyrim here

Curse you Sir Slash!  >:(

JudgeDredd

The tune is not available in my region MD

Band of Brothers:Ghost Panzers - get this Soviet onslaught completed.
F1 2016 - I kind of lost my mojo when I hit Monaco. I've just got to suck it up as a loss and get it done and get out of the hell hole.

Civ VI
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Monaco is a beast. Stuck there too. I expect to end up dead last.
DCS?

Crossroads

Friday  :smitten:

Binge reading this weekend. Books. Remember them?  :coolsmiley:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JudgeDredd

Quote from: jomni on October 21, 2016, 12:26:13 AM
DCS?
...lol - I forgot that one. Maybe some DCS
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Crossroads on October 21, 2016, 01:33:11 AM

I subscribed to Airfix Modeller back in February and I've (obviously) had a magazine every month. I've just finished the May edition  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Anguille

Too many things to play, to little time and my wife using the main desktop most of the time!

On my Acer P3:

- Civilization V (not VI!): started a campaign as Korea....goal is to finish my first game of CIV V...ever. The touch option is really great (does CIV VI also have a touch option?).

- Stars in the Shadow: i have to see how will it runs (just installed it on my P3 with i3) but i'll need a mouse (not so easy when playing on the bed...the main desktop is in our bedroom).

On the main desktop:

- Master of Orion: an Alkari campaign

- Stellaris: finally starting to play the game.

Grim.Reaper

Civ 6, franchise hockey 3, and football manager 17......and praying the steelers can beat the patriots without Big Ben:)

Crossroads

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 21, 2016, 02:55:56 AM
Quote from: Crossroads on October 21, 2016, 01:33:11 AM

I subscribed to Airfix Modeller back in February and I've (obviously) had a magazine every month. I've just finished the May edition  ;D

I have found out anything printed on paper is such a drag to read. With Kindle, I can read with the Kindle itself, or pick up my iPad or even cell phone if I am stuck somewhere while say commuting or what not. I very much like most of boardgame 'living rules' are out as PDFs nowadays as well, so can load them to my iBook and Kindle libraries.
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 21, 2016, 02:54:48 AM
Quote from: jomni on October 21, 2016, 12:26:13 AM
DCS?
...lol - I forgot that one. Maybe some DCS

Weekends, I'm up at the farm with the wife and kids so DCS...maybe, though my daughter seems to have lost interest and my son prefers Battle of Moscow.  Maybe some Heros and Generals.
  Reading -- Worlds Before Adam (Lyell is about to have a "secular" experience now that Charlotte and Murchison have taken the carriage back to Germany, leaving Lyell in Pompeii), The Predreadnought Revolution (HMS Warrior all over again) and the rules to By Shot, Shock and Faith (ou Par le feu, le fer et la foi).  Mordieu!

MetalDog

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 21, 2016, 12:26:06 AM
The tune is not available in my region MD

It's called Lay Down and it's by Priestess.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Dammit Carl!

In typical fashion, I'm pounding away at World of Tanks and War Thunder sits over there and is all like, "hey...pssst....c'mere...don't you miss me?  Why don't you play me, hmmm?  Don't you remember your love of airplanes that brought you here in the first place?  Oh...and don't forget our tanks too. [makes kissy faces]"

Perhaps I'm just hallucinating things again.  I think I need help.

But, I don't know which is better in WT, killing an enemy fighter when he tries to head-on my Italian bomber (with forward facing .50) or sneaking through town in the dark while its raining in my Pz4 in "realistic," mode looking for T-34s to brew up and not be killed in return.

Rayfer

More Fallout 4 goodness, and continuing campaigns in HoI4 and WitP:AE.