Revolution : Virtual Playspace, just looking at this, all DLCs are included too

Started by gameleaper, October 19, 2016, 06:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

gameleaper

acctingman

It will be interesting to see which is better...this or TTS

Waiting to here what you think GL  O0

gameleaper

just initial impresions

well, the quality is good in TTS aswell as the physics, so for a minis game its good, it also has tons of content. not really good for using char sheets but some info can be stored on the mini

the RVP has a fantastic 3d map editor, and has char sheets, plus other sheets for treasure and quests etc... its only just released and a workshop is supposed to be up soon. the map making is just so good for a minis game, it feels easy to use. better for RPGs. the terrain like hex tiles is like having them expensive diy tables.

My groggy opinion is get both :) these sorts of apps are great for being differrent

acctingman

I wish someone made some nice 3d models of World War 2 tanks, gun, infantry etc.....love to play a turn based hexed ww2 mini's game on either virtual platform

Bardolph

Yep, I've used TTS to play Crossfire and Poor Bloody Infantry already using models already available, and much nicer ones have been posted recently. Not perfect, and not everything is available by any means but it is quite possible to play miniatures style games on TTS. Really needs better tools, LOS and measuring etc but it is playable. Pity that development seems to have stalled out. The TTS devs never struck me as being that serious about making it actually WORK for anything other than some very basic games and flipping the table. I think their success took them somewhat by surprise. There is still a lot of stuff that could use fixing or polishing to facilitate actually playing games on TTS. The drawing tools are primitive, the text tool is useless, the physics still aren't all that great, there are issues with stacking models at times and so on.
Still, its pretty good as it stands, and I so much prefer the "feel" to VASSAL or other 2d solutions.

Last time I looked at Revolution it did not strike me as ready for prime time but I will definitely give it another look.

gameleaper

Revolution has an unusual LOS system, you have a camera that looks through the eyes of the miniature, and has a nice set of icons you can set to appear above the figure. Its the RPG system in it that makes it different and good aswell as the Map editor is a fast create system it allows you to make any map within a short time.

what I'm trying to do is feel like I'm using a table on the PC and these two app do that.